Need a cheap audio rack

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allen Longcor, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

any ideas? Sorry but the DIY page looks pretty sparce on posts and this is usually where all the action takes place. I am looking for an audio rack for under $100 if possible. It will be for my receiver, cd player, and probably DVD player. 4 shelves would be nice but 3 will do. I want it to be open, meaning that the shelves aren't enclosed in the back or front so that I can pull/replace/move wires with ease. If anyone knows of a good brand in that general price range please give me the brand name or better yet a website adress. Thanks.

2. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

If you're willing to DIY, I remember a cheap solution at the tnt-audio.com website. You might have to hunt for it though.

3. Ed_A

Ed_A Stunt Coordinator

4. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

Build one. If I can do it, a drunk baboon can do it. And that means it should be no problem for you.

5. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I've built racks for my HT, computer, and aquarium and they all turned out great. I didnt bother painting mine, I just picked out a shade of wood that I liked. All it takes is a drill, some threaded rods, nuts, bolts, pre cut boards and a few hours of your time.