Need a cheap 4-6U rack for pro gear - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Kenneth Harden, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

I need a 4 to 6U steel rack to mount the amp and EQ I am getting. There are plenty of nice ones - for the better part of $100. I am thinking more along the lines of $20, just something to house the amp and EQ. I checked Parts Express, Carvin, Musicians Friend, etc. and everyone has nice stuff, but I need a 'install' rack that will sit on a shelf.

Any ideas where I can get a cheap rack for my gear?

Thanks!

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    If $20 is your budget, that pretty much relegates you to used gear. Check eBay, or do a Google for used pro audio equipment.

3. Kenneth Harden

I can't believe for a simple steel case, they would want more than $30 or 40, tops. Not touring gear, just a 'stand'

4. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

I have a Calzone touring 4U case that i would sell to you on the cheep, 20 bucks + shipping, I got it when i got my crown, you can see it in the link below. Its solid, held that 40 pound DC300 like a champ, the only flaw is that missing corner protector.

if thats not up your alley, go DIY, PE sells rack rails rather cheaply, you can see my DIY 8U rack, in the link below, the rails are pretty cheap and to save costs use some MDF and paint it like your sub. i am sure you could do it for around 20 + shipping.

5. Kenneth Harden

I need to hit the pawn shops, however:

WHAT ARE THOSE SPEAKERS YOU HAVE!!!??? The mid and tweeter on the round plate and rosewood-ish finish? They look AWESOME!

6. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

Cambridge Sound Works Newton M80s, its mahogany, there pretty decent for the money, but i should have invested in AV3 or 281s.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2374471764

thats the case, i will save you the 5 buck packaging cause you are a HTF member [​IMG]