What's new

Need a cheap 4-6U rack for pro gear - any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I need a 4 to 6U steel rack to mount the amp and EQ I am getting. There are plenty of nice ones - for the better part of $100. I am thinking more along the lines of $20, just something to house the amp and EQ. I checked Parts Express, Carvin, Musicians Friend, etc. and everyone has nice stuff, but I need a 'install' rack that will sit on a shelf.

Any ideas where I can get a cheap rack for my gear?

Thanks!

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I can't believe for a simple steel case, they would want more than $30 or 40, tops. Not touring gear, just a 'stand'

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
I have a Calzone touring 4U case that i would sell to you on the cheep, 20 bucks + shipping, I got it when i got my crown, you can see it in the link below. Its solid, held that 40 pound DC300 like a champ, the only flaw is that missing corner protector.

if thats not up your alley, go DIY, PE sells rack rails rather cheaply, you can see my DIY 8U rack, in the link below, the rails are pretty cheap and to save costs use some MDF and paint it like your sub. i am sure you could do it for around 20 + shipping.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I need to hit the pawn shops, however:

WHAT ARE THOSE SPEAKERS YOU HAVE!!!??? The mid and tweeter on the round plate and rosewood-ish finish? They look AWESOME!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks