What's new

Need a 7 channel amp... (1 Viewer)

ericks

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erick
This is my first post here, though I've been reading for a few days - this seems like a great group of enthusiasts so I'm hoping you can help guide me. I've been shopping for a 7 channel amp for my HT. Budget is $2K or less and I'm willing to go used if necessary. I like a "warm" and "open" sound overall - I love tube amps for example. I'm looking at something in the 125-200 wpc area to drive a Definitive Technology system. I've been looking at Sherbourn, NAD, and Sunfire mostly. What else should I be considering? I don't have many local dealers, so I'm going to have to make a decision based primarily on user opinion :eek: . Those of you that sell higher end equipment that can throw me a good deal are more than welcome to send one my way :D . This is just the beginning for me - once this piece is bought, I'll be looking for a dedicated pre/pro.

ericks

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erick
Thanks for the input so far. I was looking at the IPS-1. What are your overall impressions on this amp? Is it fatiguing in any way to listen to?

I looked at Outlaw's website and read some reviews, but most people seem to say the Outlaws aren't "warm" sounding.

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Check eBay for a use Sunfire. I got lucky and got mine when a local store was loosing there Caver dealer. so I picked my Signature cinema grand 7 for $1900 out the door.. You can fine good deals.. you just have to know what your looking for..

Shannon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks