Need a 5/5.1 small speaker all white setup and advice

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett_E, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Brett_E

Brett_E Agent

Well, I was assigned this task for my parents new house and I need a small speaker setup that can mount either on the very high 11-foot ceilings or against the wall. The speakers need to be white or cherry (except for the center) and the budget was around $1,000, give or take. They already have an eosone 12" sub (which is mediocre) so that budget can be with or without the sub. I can always talk them into a svs later on. Also, the floor is tiled.
    I did want to get them the Paradigm Mini monitors with matching surrounds and center but there are all black.
    Okay, lets hear the advice.[​IMG] I need lots of it, from placement to speaker options. Are there ceiling mount speakers that will sound good or do they need to be mounted vertically?

2. KevinW

KevinW Stunt Coordinator

Have you looked at Definitive Technology? You could get (4) Pro Monitor 100's for front and rear and (1) C2 center for $999 retail. These are all available in black or white and the supplied stands on the 100's double as wall mounts. Excellent build quality and great sound for music and movies. One of the best sub/sat systems on the market.

3. Brett_E

Brett_E Agent

Those look great. Thanks Kevin.

4. Dan_Myers

Dan_Myers Agent

I have 5 NHT SuperZero's all white on my walls and on my TV. I love them. If I had a grand I probably would of went with the SuperOne's, but I won't upgrade now that I have them. I enjoy them enough to keep.

5. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Paradigm Cinema 90 series comes in white. Also the Gallo Acoustic Nucleus Micros come in white.

Vlad

6. ken t

ken t Agent

The Energy Take 5.2 speakers come in white and have received good reviews...

7. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    second thumbs up for Def Tech. [​IMG]