What's new

Need a 2nd Receiver (1 Viewer)

Jimbo Ca

Auditioning
I am in the process of building a house. I will be putting my main HT system which consist of H/K 630, Paradigm Atoms (front and rear), Paradigm CC-170 and HSU STF-2, in a Home Theater Room. Now I am looking for an affordable receiver for the den (17' x 14'). The only features I really need is 5.1 and a Zone 2 (what H/K calls it). Anyone have any suggestions as to what type and where the best place to look is?

Thanks

Christian M

Agent
You could look into an Onkyo or Denon. I've got an onk nr-801, and while not a $300-$500 receiver, it does sound very nice and the 'lower end' onks sound much the same with hardly a difference. Look at a sr-602. It has DD, DTS/ES and all the usual suspects as well as zone 2. Denon also has their 1905 (I think that's what it is) that is pretty much the same. I like both companies. OR... you could just get a less expensive HK that has zone 2 since you're probably used to how it sounds/works. No offense to RyanJE but I have learned (and heard) that non-ES sony models are not really worth much.

Check out jr.com vanns, onecall.... again, all the usual suspects.

Good luck!!

RyanJE

Second Unit
Your right their not. But its not bad for 100 with the BB warranty. Id say its probably worth 70$ by itself. Depending on the speakers your using its not bad. It all depends what someone considers a 2nd throw together system worth.

John Simmons

Auditioning
I also have the Onkyo nr-801. I love it. I got it recently for about 800 bucks where it seems it usually goes for around 1000. Here is where i go it:
amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000EZ1KU/olympusdigita-20

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks