What's new

need 5 ch. amp for under $1200 (1 Viewer)

ArthurJ

Second Unit
I want a 5 ch. amp that does a MINIMUM of 100 watts a channel. I am willing to spend up to $1200 BUT if there is something out there cheaper then thats great too. Thanks!

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
New or used? Balanced or unbalanced? Silver or black? There as so many choices for amps these days, you have to provide more information. Here are a couple you can look into:

Anthem MCA5 of 50
Anthem PVA5 or 7
Sunfire Cinema
Outlaw 750, 755, 7100
B&K 5150
Rotel RMB1075
Nad
Parasound
Sherbourn 5/1500A

ArthurJ

Second Unit
chung good point...

I want new, silver, Unfortunetly I dont know what balanced or unbalanced mean, can u please explain?

If there is a company that does used amps WITH warrenty and there really that good I might bite. But new would be better. Thanks!

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Balanced and unbalanced are what type of connections you use from the pre-outs of your preamp. Unbalanced are the RCA type connectors, while balanced are the XLR(like what you see on microphones and pro audio) type connectors. Balanced is supposed to produce a lower noise floor and higher gain, but you have to have a fully balanced amp and preamp to really gain any benefits.

I think that Anthem, Bryston, Parasound Halo, Krell, Odyssey and B&K are the only amp companies that do 5 channel amps with silver faceplates, and Paraound Halo, Krell, Bryston and Odyssey are pretty well priced out of your target (1200). The only amp manufacturers that have transferrable warranties (that I know of) are Odyssey, Bryston, and Outlaw. Good luck

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
What speakers do you have? At your priced point a used Sherbourn 5/1500 or 5/1500A (5x200wpc) is an excellent value but it doesn't have a silver front panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks