What's new

Need 5.1 speaker set up for $1000 (1 Viewer)

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know of a website that list all (or some) of the different speaker set up sorted by price? I believe Sound & Vision mag had something a while ago that listed a lot of systems under $1000. Just didn't know if there was something on the web... Thanks.

Tim Ranger

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen those listings as well. Never thought they really offered any solid info. I'd definitely consider the ELT system from ACI if I was looking for a complete 5.1 system under a grand.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Tim. The ELT system is a very fine value at under $1,000. Available both from ACI and AV123 (the Rocket guys). Two companies with outstanding customer service reputations and headed by guys with solid backgrounds in audio.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy 3 pair of JBL S38II's and call it a day. Add a the best sub you can for the money left.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’m not sure about reviews Chris, but you can check out these two sites:

ACI has their ELTs here.

AV123 has their offering here.

I have heard them in Dallas and I found them to be very fine. The center channel in particular is a great speaker in a package at this price point.

Plus, I don’t think that you will find cabinetwork of this quality at this price point (of course you may not care, as this has nothing to do with the sound).

Herb Michelli

Auditioning
I just got through setting my elt system up and I can say it kicks butt. I bought the elt package with the dennon 1803 reciever for 1250.00 and the guys at av123 are great.

AaronJB

Second Unit
I'll second the all JBL S38II recommendation, although you need a rather large room, given their size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks