What's new

Need 4x2 HDMI matrix switcher with long runs (1 Viewer)

stonesmith

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne Smith
I have 3 sources and 2 TV's. I want to purchase a 4x2 hdmi matrix switcher. I've seen one from Monoprice for $66 and others for $400 - $500. One of the runs will be about 75 feet. I certainly want to use the Monoprice if it will work!

Another question: If the above works, I may want to split each output after it leaves the switcher and run 4 TV's -- the reason being that 4x4 switchers are exponentially more expensive and I don't anticipate needing more than two different inputs at one time. Would there be any problem with splitting after switching?

Thanks.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I use the Monoprice one with a 35' run of Monoprice HDMI cables. Works perfectly.

Monoprice customer service story - The v1 of the switch that I purchased had some quirks. Sometimes it would take upwards of 5 minutes to negotiate the HDMI handshake. I lived with it for over a year. One day I happened across Monoprice's new v3 switch. I sent their customer service an e-mail asking if there was an upgrade path or something I could do. Less than an hour later the head of customer service e-mailed me. He had looked up my order and already started the exchange process. 5 days later I received the new switch and a UPS shipping label to send the old one back. I always go to them for cables.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks