Need 2 verizon phones!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jeff H, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Jeff H

Jeff H Stunt Coordinator

I know this is the wrong forum,, but I need help! My wife and daughter flooded their Verizon phones on a water ride a Busch Gardens. My 2 year contract is up in November and I want to go with another provider. The cheapest phone I can get from Verizon is $150.00. I just need a couple phones to get me through the next few months. Anyone got any laying around? Thanks, Jeff

2. RajeeK

RajeeK Second Unit

Give Ebay a shot in a pinch. You can certainly get a used phone cheap there if needed.

3. toddAllen

toddAllen Extra

i have a cheap phone i'll sell you. it's an sch-a630. only about a month old. sell you it for like $40 plus shipping. email [email protected] if you are interested. todd.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

My daughter drooled in my wife's phone and my contract wasnt up yet, and I didnt want to re-up it. They replaced it for $50. and mailed me the new phone within a week. All I had to do was add the service protection program I think. its only a couple bucks a month more. Actually, im not sure I even had to do that. Have you asked them what they can do for you? I had to mail them my old phone back or I wouldve been charged the full amount of the phone. that was the only catch.

5. Jeff H

Jeff H Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for all the help! Todd, I will get back to you shortly.

6. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Just make sure (eg, get the rep to repeat after you several times) that their replacement of the phones does not extend the contract - my friend got burned by Cingular doing that, he got his new phone and then 6 months later figured his contract was up - it wasn't, it got extended when he accepted their "retention" offer, even though it wasn't described to him as such.

7. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Your daughter will kill for recommending this ugly, bare-bones phone but they work great. Run an ebay search for Kyocera 2325 Verizon.

They aren't flip, only sport one color, and no camera, but their reception, battery life, & durability is better than just about any of the new phones out. Best part is they are easily available for less than $20 used.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/use....php?phone=140