What's new

Need 2 M VGA to RCA Component Cable by Friday? (1 Viewer)

J

John Morris

I am considering BetterCables but it will cost me $149 delivered. Anyone have any less expensive, well performing ideas? Don't forget, I need it delivered on Friday at the latest. If I get no responses, I must order the BC cable by midnight tonight to get it on Friday since they must build it for me before they ship overnight. I have already used my HTSpot discount on my first two cables I got from BC so I can't use that discount again... Help! I am going to use this for my HTPC HDTV STB/PVR unit. Any suggestions?

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I am not sure what you mean John? Do you mean a VGA breakout cable? I don't know of any VGA to RCA component cables. Only VGA to RGBHV breakout cables.
Kevin C. :)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
If you are looking for a breakout of a 15 pin to component, Extron also make it, www.extron.com. I doubt you will be able to get anything there that fast. If you want to make it yourself, I could dig out the pin configurations for you and E-Mail them. Milestek, www.milestek.com makes up stuff too but the time limit seems to be a limiting factor.

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Phil,
What type of components use a 15 pin VGA out for component video? I thought VGA/15 pin outputs were exclusively RGB?
Shouldn't he need a transcoder also if he wants component video from a VGA output?
Kevin C. :)

J

John Morris

Only VGA to RGBHV breakout cables.
Yes, that is what I mean except that I would be using only the RGB, and not the HV, connections and I need the RGBs to end in RCAs and not BNCs. I also have an option to use all 5 cables but the source unit is switchable between RGB and component signals. Looks like I can always buy the BC cable and then if I find something as good for less, I can always return it. Seems like cables with this type of generous return policies always seem to build the return costs into the cost anyway.

J

John Morris

HERE is a link to the PDF file of the unit I am buying. As you can see, it has a VGA/15pin output which is selectable between RGB and component video.

J

John Morris

Kevin: Thanks! I've just reached the point where there are too many times that I need/want to timeshift HDTV. Like tonight for example I could watch "Fosse" the broadway play on PBS, The Perfect Murder on CBS, and The Drew Carey Show on ABC... all in HDTV. At the same time, Fox was showing its' lineup in 480p widescreen. I always have a spare computer system just sitting around, so I thought, what the heck! I bought the HiPix and a 100mb HD and I am ready to go live on Fri night.

In the meantime, I also found out that I can just use a straight VGA cable from the HiPix to my HDTV since its' VGA input supports RGB input. At first, I think I'll just use a quality VGA cable that I have laying around, and then, if it is working out, I might spend the bucks for a really nice VGA cable...

Thank you to everyone for all your help though!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks