Need 10-17 Ed recap

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael St. Clair, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Michael St. Clair

Power outage screwed up my Tivo. Came home and caught the last 15 minutes. What about the first 45? Who was Molly expecting to meet at the bowling alley, and for what?

2. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

There was a traveling bowling supplies salesman that visited Stuckey Bowl. Molly liked him, and Ed asked him to show up at the "surprise" birthday party. He didn't.
    There was a running theme of people trying to change who they are. A client of Ed's changed his name and his appearance, which was revealed to be in response to the notification that he had cancer. Ed gave it a shot by trying to be "hat guy" - and was successful in picking up a beautiful woman for a one night stand. He chickened out at the "would you like to come in" moment.
    Dr. Jerome told Mike that he would be retiring in two months, but for some reason I don't believe it.
    The bowling alley crew were all involved in a really weak subplot about David Blaine.
    There were some nice Ed & Carol moments during a stakeout of the identity change man, and there was no $10 moment in the show.
    Hope that helps.
    Brad

3. Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes Supporting Actor

Hugh Jackes
    Molls was hoping that Ed's bowling alley equipment salesman, with whom she'd had good chemistry, would show for the party. Ed had invited him, much to Molls' displeasure. The salesman had said that he "might" be there, which Molls explained meant that he had no interest in being there.

4. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

more recap:
    Ed was trying to be the "hat guy" because he was jealous of the new principal being the "cool guy".
    I thought the episode was really good. The fact that the bowling salesman guy didn't show at the party only shows that they won't go for the cheap payoffs all the time. Also, Ed got a really good zinger in on Carol at the very end when he said something like "I know why women always date the 'dangerous' guy ... you always know how it's going to end. See ya!" He then turned and walked back to the bowling alley, leaving Carol somewhat dumbfounded.
    [Edited last by Tom Meyer on October 18, 2001 at 11:37 AM]