What's new

Neded help quick $10,000 Projector on sale. (1 Viewer)

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
I have a good buddy who is a sales manager at Ultimate Electronics. I stopped in to see him and long story short he tells me they have a Sony VPL-VW11HT that he can sell me for $1500.00 Now I have been planning on buying a
sanyo plz-1 for about $1200.00 Does anyone have this projector. I know it is no longer being made by Sony and that is the reason for the price slash. It originally retail in his store for between $7,000 and $10,000 but that was in 2001. Has the technology improved so much that I would be better off putting my money into a newer same price rangfe projector like the Sanyo? Any help would be appreciated I need to give him a answer by Wednesday. This link should provide the spec on this projector

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Sony-VPL-VW11HT.htm

Again any help would be much appreciated as I would like to take advantage of this if it is a good deal.

Brandon R

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
as long as it came with a full warranty, i don't think you could go wrong...unless its just a demo.
even then it still might be a good deal, but if it's new in the box-i'd grab it...and i don't even like LCDs.

even if you find you don't like it, you should be able to turn around and unload and not lose much at all, if anything.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I would defintely pick it up. You could always turn around and sell it on Ebay if you don't like it and end up making a profit. It is very nice unit. I would check with your friend to see if it is a demo, how many hours are on the bulb, would he be able to warranty it or do you have to take it as is.

Parker

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
It's a steal at that price. Get it before someone else does (or they realize they can get more than that for it). :)

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
Quick Update. I did buy the projector. I was able to get it out the door for $1600 bucks ;) It doesn't have a remote and the bulb has 100 hours on it. Now all I need to do it get a screen so I can use it. I'll let you know how it works.

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
Neil can you tell more about your screen? Also as I get more into setting this thing up I will be probally asking you quite a few questions (How much do you charge?;)). Anyway I am making my screen today trying to get ready for the release of the Two Towers.

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
Neil, have you looked around for an extra bulb for your sony?
If so have you had any luck?

Brandon

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
When my bulb starts to get close to end of life then I will look for a bulb. Keep in mind that they have something like a 90 day warranty (or something close to that). I did have a chance to get one when I got the pj but that deal fell through.

How is the screen coming?

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
Finished my screen Neil. I'm in the slow process of pulling the room together. The biggest problem is now that the system is running I want to watch movies not paint and stuff.

Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks