What's new

Ned and Stacey: The Complete Series coming from Shout (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Man... I'm so loving how Shout is able to get these older series released! While this isn't one of the "greats" it's entertaining enough that I'll likely pick it up at some point.

I never purchased the S1 release simply due to waiting for S2 so I could get it all at once. I never understood why that wasn't just done to start with considering the low episode count. If for no other reason, I'll purchase this just to see those 11 unaired episodes.

I keep hoping they'll somehow snag Green Acres - I have S1-S3 on disc and used "slow shipping credits" at Amazon to "purchase" S4-S6 digitally. I'd love to have the whole series on disc!

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
What the hell? 11 unaired episodes? Did they air in Syndication? I do not see them listed on Wikipedia.
On IMDB the last 11 do not have air dates attached with the last episode airing being S2E11 on 1/27/97. In the Wikipedia information box (upper right) it shows 11 episodes unaired but doesn't list the episodes. Those episodes are not listed in the "episodes" link either. They are listed at IMDB.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And a little tad expensive for just 46 episodes of a two season show, but hey, at least we finally get this series completed and can add this to the listings of completed shows.

I disagree on price.

50 MSRP, so probably 30-35 on Amazon. A single season from Shout is 20 on release day, so it all works out well.

However, sets like the complete TJ Hooker at under 50 bucks for 5 seasons throws the pricing scheme all out of whack.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
However, sets like the complete TJ Hooker at under 50 bucks for 5 seasons throws the pricing scheme all out of whack.

How does it throw it out of whack? How much do you think the all-in-one of T.J. Hooker should be (just wondering)?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How does it throw it out of whack? How much do you think the all-in-one of T.J. Hooker should be (just wondering)?

Honestly, Shout's website price of 65-ish is fair, IMO.

Four full season sets at around $15 each. Still a bit on the cheap side, but I won't complain.

Amazon has Hooker at around $47 last I checked, which is dirt cheap compared to the pricing on other stuff. A season of a sitcom is around 18, 19 bucks on release day, and that's equivalent content-wise to half a season of a drama.

Or if you really want to break it down, Hooker will be about 50 cents an episode. When everyone figures a dollar per episode is a fair price, and the actual going rate is usually $1.99 for a download, TJ Hooker is going dirt cheap and Ned and Stacey is about right.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Howie, I'm sure hoping Shout can finish Acres off along with PJ now and maybe Mr. Belvedere to boot.

I still am angling and hoping for them to release a complete Empty Nest DVD set as well. Crazier things have happened.

The remaining seasons of PJ will never happen unless someone pays for music clearance, which may be a nightmare. If CBS decided to release this, it would be either chopped to bits or loaded with music replacement.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
At least the other two series I mentioned earlier, I'd love to see be completed properly and once and for all.

If I had to put my money on one, it would be Belvedere.

Shout is on a Fox kick again and they're completing shows that were part of the old Shout Select collection, and Belvedere fits both descriptions.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Mr. Belvedere and even Small Wonder will probably be done with by the end of the decade. And from the former MTM library, what's left besides St. Elsewhere and some of the company's short-run shows? I wouldn't mind seeing The Texas Wheelers or The Tony Randall Show (the two-season legal-themed one that premiered in 1976, the same year Jack Klugman started as Quincy).

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mr. Belvedere and even Small Wonder will probably be done with by the end of the decade. And from the former MTM library, what's left besides St. Elsewhere and some of the company's short-run shows? I wouldn't mind seeing The Texas Wheelers or The Tony Randall Show (the two-season legal-themed one that premiered in 1976, the same year Jack Klugman started as Quincy).

Phyllis, still.

And is White Shadow finished in disc yet?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The remaining seasons of PJ will never happen unless someone pays for music clearance, which may be a nightmare. If CBS decided to release this, it would be either chopped to bits or loaded with music replacement.
Why would PETTICOAT JUNCTION be a nightmare for music clearance compared with any other sitcoms from that era? While it's been decades since I've viewed most of the episodes (And only from the Color Seasons, as our station never aired the first 2 Black & White Seasons!), I don't remember there being a ton of music on it, either!

But I digress! Back to NED AND STACEY!

CHEERS! :)

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Why would PETTICOAT JUNCTION be a nightmare for music clearance compared with any other sitcoms from that era? While it's been decades since I've viewed most of the episodes (And only from the Color Seasons, as our station never aired the first 2 Black & White Seasons!), I don't remember there being a ton of music on it, either!

But I digress! Back to NED AND STACEY!

When PJ added Mike Minor and Meredith McRae in Season 4, both were professional singers, so many more musical numbers were added. Also, the three daughters formed a singing group in the later seasons, which results in even more music to clear. It does have more clearance issues that most sitcoms.

Back to Ned and Stacey!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
When PJ added Mike Minor and Meredith McRae in Season 4, both were professional singers, so many more musical numbers were added. Also, the three daughters formed a singing group in the later seasons, which results in even more music to clear. It does have more clearance issues that most sitcoms.

Back to Ned and Stacey!
I had forgotten about the Bradley Sisters forming a Singing Group!

How ironic that what, for me was the least accessible Black and White seasons of PJ, are now the most readily available on Home Video! The entire NED AND STACEY series, including the 11 unaired episodes, will soon be easier to obtain than the Color PJ episodes!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Great news, I love this show, I've had the first season for years, & will soon own the whole lot. This & Just Shoot Me has me buying DVDs again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks