What's new

NEC WT600 & first projector? What to do? (1 Viewer)

Jack Spencer

Agent
Hello, I was referred here by Google. I just bought an NEC WT600 projector, basically brand new (15 hours use) at a local business auction. All of the manuals, accessories, etc, are in their original box, can't even tell it's ever been used except for the "hour life" meter in the menu system, and I paid under a grand. No wonder they went out of business.

But now I'm wondering what I should do with it. I have a 65" RPTV, and I understand this projector is only good to 100". That's no good for me. If I go FP, I want 120" 16:9. I don't know much about projectors, though. Is it possible this one can do 120" anyway, or should I think about selling/trading for something else?

Specs: $5,500 street price ($6k retail), DLP, 1080p/1080i/720p, 1500 lumens and a mirror system for a super-short throw distance (only 2.2 feet at 100"). This thing is bright! Would a more "normal" Home Theater projector be this bright?

Since I can't live with the 100" limit, what are my options? I don't suppose any nice vendors take trades? I got such a great deal on this I can "share the love" a little if it means getting something that will throw a bigger, equally pretty picture.

Can I use a front projector for all of the same stuff I use my RPTV for, such as normal TV watching and playing video games? I know there's no tuner (I can use my VCR's) but other than bulb life are there any real concerns with this?

Thank you.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I saw one of these at a trade show once... don't remember anything about its picture quality. Their whole reason of being is for class-room type settings where the presenter can set it up right next to their PC and still fill the overhead screen.

Don't know how good they'd do for HT work.

I think I've heard that they can do larger than 100", but that the vertical offset gets rediculous.

Leo Kerr

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks