What's new

NEC PG-6100 CRT Projector (1 Viewer)

stevebag2

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I have a NEC PG-6100 CRT Projector that's been stored away in its original box for many years. I wonder if I could sell it here or anywhere else and how much it's worth (assuming it is in good condition, which I believe it is). My brother purchased this new in the early 1990s and I'm trying to sell it for him.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I think you're going to have a tough time selling that. CRT projectors are big, heavy, and not very bright (that one is rated at about 850 lumens peak brightness, which means real-world performance will be well below that).

It'll do 720p and 1080i and from what I've read, it throws a nice, sharp picture, but considering you can get a brand new 720p projector that's smaller, weighs less than 10 pounds, and is several times brighter for less than $700, you really can't expect to get much for it.

Even in good condition and with box/documentation I would be surprised if you'd get more than a couple hundred bucks for it, and that would only be from someone who is willing to deal with the extra attention a CRT projector requires.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks