What's new

NEC LT150: DLP rainbows (1 Viewer)

DarrenA

Second Unit
As someone who has owned a CRT FPTV and setup many FPTVs over the past couple of years, I think the NEC LT150 is one of the best bang for the buck projectors out there. With that said, I do believe that some peoples eyes are much more sensitive to the "rainbow effect" than others. I am very sensitive to it and within watching a DLP projector for five minutes I literally lose count how many times I have seen the rainbow. This is without moving my head back and forth.

I also still prefer the smoother "non-digital" image as well as the black levels produced by my CRT FPTV. Their is no doubt that digital projectors are brighter and sharper than my CRT, but both of those do come at a cost. The brightness comes at the cost of poor black levels, and the sharpness can accentuate the edge enhancement apparent on a lot of DVDs.

I have no doubt that digital projectors will continue to improve and for some they are already there. However, for some of us picky anal-rentitive videophiles (gee, I'm painting a nice picture of myself) the CRT projector will be the definitive projector for a little while longer.

BTW, I live in the Atlanta area as well and I have seen many projectors in peoples homes. I have seen the NEC LT 150 DLP, JVC G11 & G15 D-ILA, Sanyo PLV-60 LCD and numerous Sony, NEC, Dwin and Electrohome CRT projectors. In virtually every case it's better to get a demo from someone's home than from the pitiful setups in the store's in the Atlanta area. This is true for both CRT and digital projectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks