NEC HT410 Owners, Where are you

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brian_Fly, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Brian_Fly

Brian_Fly Stunt Coordinator

I'm just looking for opinions on this projector from owners or people that have seen it and spent a little time with it. How's the image on a 90" or less screen and how bad are the rainbows? Any info is greatly appreciated. I know the 4805 would be better, but it's also more costly - prohibitively so in my case.

2. Brian_Fly

Nevermind, I went ahead and ordered an Infocus 4805- price was great. Unbelievable deal at tigerdirect through Sunday- check it out.

3. Brian_Fly

As much as it pains me to say, I changed my mind again and went with the HT410....price, construction, fan noise, and vertical lens shift swayed my decision. I hope I don't regret it. Anyway, anyone else taken the plunge on one these and have experiences to share?

4. Brian_Fly

Ok, the HT410 arrived last week and I'm quite happy with it. DVDs are great- obviously not as crisp or as much color punch as my Hitachi RPTV, but there's something to be said about having a 106" screen. I'm projecting onto a textured wall and sitting about 1 to 1.5 screen widths away(the projector is 17 feet back). I've mitigated some of the screen door effect by softening the picture. Any flaws in DVDs (or maybe my player)are apparent, but I find it significantly more enjoyable to watch movies on the HT410 than my RPTV. I've connected HDTV to the projector and WOW! The picture is flawless, and the reduced resolution doesn't matter nearly as much as I thought it might. The scaler seems to do an exceptional job, screendoor effect nearly vanishes, and colors get enhanced significantly. I will caveat my findings here by saying I've never seen any other home theater projectors in action, and I don't seem to be sensitive to Rainbows. Having no DVI input is a minor downer, but near silent operation and the vertical lens shift feature make up for it in my book (my setup wouldn't work without it). At the current price with rebate, I would definitely recommend checking out this model to any newbies looking into FP systems. [​IMG]