1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

NEC 6PG help

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by BobDeM, Jul 25, 2003.

1. BobDeM

BobDeM Auditioning

I recently acquired an NEC 6PG and full function remote at a price too good to be true. However, I cant seem to get it to display an image! I can get access to all the menus for convergence/shape/position/etc. but it wont accept an input. I have tried s-video and composite video from my dvd player and rgb from my pc. The video signals gave me nothing. the rgb started out with nothing but eventually gave me a rolling image. as soon as I started trying to correct for the rolling, I lost what I had.

Another odd behavior is that it will not hold a test pattern until the machine has been on for 15 to 20 minutes. The pattern will pop up and then snap to the bottom of the screen and then disappear.

I am getting really frustrated. Any 6pg or 9pg owners out there with tips? I need all the help I can get.

thanks,

Bob

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

I don't want to recommend the "competition," [​IMG] , but then again, all us HT nuts are in the same boat anyway.

You should go here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...?s=&forumid=16

And ask your question, as that's where all the CRT gurus hang out. They'll be more capable in answering everything you'd EVER want to know about CRTs.