What's new

Nebraska Furniture (1 Viewer)

JasonS

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings,

My brother has a job lined up at the new Nebraska Furniture that will be opening soon in K.C., and they are having a friends and family day on the 1st, when we get his cost. I am going to look at TV's (widescreen rptv), but he hasn't been able to find out his discount yet. Does anyone here work there or know anyone that does?

Thanks for the help.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I don't know what the discount is, but if it's good, can he adopt me?

That is probably the best furniture store around! My wife has a countdown calendar for the opening of the KC store.

Man, I'm going to be so broke!

JasonS

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't been there yet, but it sounds like a damn good place. My brother and his wife bought a sofa a couple months ago for about $700, and Nebraska's regular price is almost $200 less. He told me the regular prices for TV's are almost the same, but I'm still waiting on the discount price.

That is going to be an expensive day.

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Jason
Is he going to sell furniture or electronics there? For all you KC'ers, Ultimate Electronics will be opening there this fall as well.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I used to work at a high end home theater store. I've never heard of Nebraska Furniture, so I don't know what type of equipment they carry. I can tell you that video products have much lower profit margins than audio products. For example, I bought a first generation 27" Sony Wega (couldn't afford that Pioneer Elite bigscreen) which retailed for $800 for $600.00. Nothing to scoff at, however, nothing to write home about either. You will typically find the best deals when new lines of product are being introduced and the company needs to get rid of the older models.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Yes, the new northland Ultimate Electronics is within a stones throw of my house. My wife is already beginning to lecture me about staying away from there.

Looking at their website, I don't see that they are that "high end" of a store. Looks kinda like Best Buy. Has anyone been to one? Do they carry better stuff?

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Not like a best buy at all, what is your definition of high end? They carry Krell, Sunfire, and then the normal offerings from denon, Yamaha, pioneer, etc. Great mix of plasmas and lcds, and quite a few other things.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Thanks, Kevin. I guess their ads must just show the usual stuff. I'm looking forward to the new store. I drive past it every day leaving my neighborhood!

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
I too am looking forward to visiting the store when it opens. I love to go to Benchmark and just "look around".

Randy,
Where exactly is the new Ultimate Electronics store going to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks