What's new

Nearly finished home theater... (1 Viewer)

octavemeow

Auditioning
Real Name
B Rahn
I have worked on my home cinema for a year now, picking and installing everything on my own. Once my curtains are sewn and hung it will be pretty much done. I may choose to add or replace the current seating though. Right now I have a double reclining sofa with central cupholders and storage. I was going to add two matching chairs off to the side, but I may opt for two rows of three seats, with the rear group on a short riser.

The room is in my basement, roughly 15 feet x 23 feet. In the left rear corner is brick surrounding a ventless natural gas stove.

This first pic, screen temporarily installed and speakers mounted.

The second pic and things are rapidly progressing. The window is now covered in black felt, soon to be masked by the velvet curtains. As you can see, the baseboard is a beige. I wish I would have painted them black to match the lower portion of the walls, but I hadn't chosen black when the new carpet was installed. It is now mostly covered by red rope lighting, so I don't mind it too much.

In the next photos I have the rope light installed, as well as a movie themed wallpaper border where I was to install a chair rail separating the paint colors. The ceiling fan now has 1910 Edison bulbs with the glowing filaments. Apart from the rope lighting, I have a pretty old-time cinema look happening.

The screen is 120" from Visual Apex.

Projector: Mitsubishi HC3800 DLP

Speakers: Klipsch Cinema 500

Receiver: Onkyo 507?

Bluray: Panasonic with netflix streaming, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks