What's new

Nearby LCD instead of distant TV? (1 Viewer)

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody here replace their large, low resolution, distant TV with a smaller, high resolution, nearby LCD computer monitor?

I was thinking of doing that. Basically, instead of having a TV 11 feet away, plop a 21" LCD on the old coffee table 5 feet away. Because it's closer, the angle of view is larger, so the screen seems larger. That 21" LCD (4:3) would seem like a 46" TV 11 feet away, and would be alot higher resolution (1600x1200). And it's still close enough to use as a monitor for other PC tasks.

BenSC

Stunt Coordinator
Sit 5 feet from your TV.
Sit 40 feet from a Movie screen.

Which do you like more? :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You can't really take advantage of the resolution since there's no source material available that is 1600x1200. Have you though about moving the computer into the theater? I have an LCD on a coffee table for browsing/working during commercials, among other things.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
hrm, biggest problem I can think of is if you have friends over to watch TV with you.

Mike Sogge

Stunt Coordinator
Somehow sitting a foot away from my PB G4's screen isn't the same as sitting 10 feet away from our 65" RPTV...

What would you do come movie night or if multiple people want to watch? Crowd around the LCD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks