What's new

ND: Yet another beautiful victory! (1 Viewer)

Rob Tenniswood

Stunt Coordinator
In yet another beautiful victory, Notre Dame just beat the Michigan Wolverines 25-23! GO IRISH!

I would like to take this opportunity to say 3 things...

1) any Irish victory is a beautiful victory. When they beat Michigan, and I get to rush the field, it's spectacular!

2) I feel the need to say 'a ha ha ha' to all of those people who told me that ND's perfect season was going to end today.

3) Three and Oh, baby! GO IRISH!

Thank you, that is all

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Kudos to ND on making the plays needed to win. Michigan wasn't able to do the same.

It was an awfully ugly game, though (what I saw of it) To paraphrase an old cliche, it's a shame one team had to win that one.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Very sloppy game. At least ND finally score an offensive TD in the 1st quarter to get that monkey off their backs.
And BTW, Randy, don't be surprised when ND loses and someone posts a thread titled:
"A simply beautiful defeat!"
;)

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
He he he he he....nice QB Michigan has there...Touchdown Jesus strikes again.

To bad for ND that FSU is on the schedule, they would likely win out otherwise (until a bowl game anyway).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One point that ND detractors might have to concede and that is that ND finally has a football coach that can possibly return them to glory.

Crawdaddy

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Robert, could be. Time will tell. So far, so good.

Kudos to Notre Dame. Big win against Michigan. And they got the huge monkey off their back by finally scoring an offensive touchdown.

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Rob,
Congrats on ND's win. 3-0, and definitely a coach that may elevate the program back to prominence. I'll praise you for that much. :) However, as badly as ND played to win the game, Michigan played worse to lose it.
Sorry for raining on your parade, but please let me vent here and tell you why Michigan will be 8-4, at best this season:
[rant]
  1. John Navarre: I've commented on this kid's skills before. HE HAS NONE!!! Don't let his game stats fool you. If you were watching the game, please explain to me how you completely NOT recognize an uncovered, wide-open receiver lined-up at the line of scrimmage; how can you NOT tuck the ball on a psuedo-roll-out from the Irish 3-yard line and run the ball for a TD when the entire left side of the field is open and the closest defender is about 10-15 yards away; how can you consistently overthrow or throw behind your receivers when open; and how can you be 6'6" and have at least 2-3 of your passes knocked down by the d-line's outstretched hands (or in many others cases, by bouncing the ball off linemen's helmuts) on a weekly basis? How? How? How? I'll tell you how...he's mentally handicapped...that's how. Navarre is a liability. Anyone who has watched him play week-in and week-out will agree with me. You would think that after a dismal ending to a season, a QB would try to get better in the off-season. Not so with Navarre.
  2. Lloyd Carr: He has to go. Michigan will only be a mediocre team under his watch. He refuses to acknowledge that his decisions have resulted in much of Michigan's poor play. For example, he continually backs Navarre when it is evident that this offense is going no where with him as QB:
    We did some good things in there in the second half,” said Carr, who was pleased with his team’s resolve. He was also pleased with Navarre, who completed 19-of-42 passes for 230 yards on the game. I thought John Navarre, in the second half, played very well,” said Carr. “He made some plays stepping up in the pocket, making plays downfield, and he made some excellent throws. I think he made some excellent throws in there.
    What is Carr smoking? Because whatever it is, I want some!!! [/list=1] [/rant]
    FACT: Michigan is 4-4 in its last eight games (2-3 in its last 5)...wins against Minnesota, Wisconsin, Washington and Western Michigan; losses against MSU, OSU, Tennessee and Notre Dame. 4-4 when you're supposed to be one of the prestigous and elite programs in the country with talent out the ying-yang to boot. Would Miami, Oklahoma, Florida, VaTech, and FSU be 4-4 against these teams...I think not.
    I could go on and on, but my blood is starting to boil again just from writing this. :angry:
    Sorry...back to the topic...Congrats Rob!
    Go Blue!!!

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
It was an ugly game, nothing beautiful about it no matter who you were cheering for. I agree with everything Armando said. Navarre is a terrible QB. Congratulations to Notre Dame.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I agree with Armando, too. This Michigan team looks just like last year -- lousy QB, no running game, decent defense. A good team would have easily beaten Notre Dame, considering all the mistakes that the Irish made. Unfortunately, Michigan matched them mistake for mistake (plus a few extras for good measure).

As much as I hate to say it, Ohio State looks like the class of the Big 10/11 this year. Michigan State was terrible at home against California (not a big surprise, since MSU has a tendency to not show up for some games) and Wisconsin once again proved that they are overrated by barely beating a MAC team (N. Illinois) at home. If the Badgers ever scheduled a respectable non-conference opponent, they would get destroyed. Penn State has been the only other bright spot so far, beating up on a Nebraska team that doesn't look as good as recent Husker teams.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Maybe the Lions will have that perfect season after all. I was pissed when they blew it last year. I can't stand the M&M brothers, worst thing the Lions ever did (not that hiring Boss Ross was all that bright either). They should have given Gary "Excalibur" Moeller a shot at head coach for more than 10 or 11 games.

The sorriest thing is that this franchise just got themselves a beautiful, brand new stadium (nice for a dome anyway). They are more deserving of some high school football field in a bad part of Detroit (not that there are many good parts).

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah ND! Anytime I get to run onto the field and steal some grass is a great day in my book! Didn't know there were many (any) other HTF members here at ND, Rob. Nice to see a fellow domer around.

Todd

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I guess Michigan fans miss Drew Henson. ;) At least Penn State has a quarterback for a change. Zack Mills is the man. What a player.
James said:
no offense but the Lions SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly, the Lions suck because they have no offense. ;)

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
I guess Michigan fans miss Drew Henson.
Yes, we did miss him. However, he would have graduated already (he would have been in his senior year of eligibility last year) so it wouldn't have mattered this year. UM is stuck with Navarre. :frowning:
ND and Penn State jumped to numbers 12 and 15 in the polls, respectively. Congrats!! Movin' on up...like the Jeffersons. Michigan is taking the express route out of the top 25 and dropped to 14. They're just taking a breather before going out entirely. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks