What's new

NCIS Season 6 Topical Discussion (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, after doing a casual search I quickly discovered that the sixth season of NCIS is due to have 28 episodes instead of the usual 22 episodes. While we did get 19 episodes for Season 5, this is great news now that we're getting an extended season.

New 'NCIS' This Fall

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I heard that in an interview with Mark Harmon a few days back, too. My guess is that the first episode will be Gibbs with the new team, and the next 3 will be Tony, McGee, and Ziva, finding their way back to his team somehow. Then we'll have 24 episodes like normal.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
It is interesting that they are going to have an NCISfest at the Beverly Garland Hotel which is where we have our meets in LA.

When does the new season start in the Fall?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Totally off topic, but I was amused to learn recently that when they were preparing to shoot the Babylon 5 pilot, original series star Michael O'Hare stayed at the Beverly Garland. It was over lunch at the hotel that creator J. Michael Straczynski let him read a short document that laid out the whole 5 year arc as he saw it at that time. (The document was reproduced in the bonus volume of the Complete JMS B5 script set. It would undergo substantial changes even in the period between the pilot and the start of shooting on the series and more over the course of the first season, but it still makes interesting reading today.)

I like to think that I may have sat at the very table where Jeffery Sinclair first got a glimpse of one of his possible futures. :D

Regards,

Joe

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
While I appreciate that information, there is already a pilot episode, "The Gathering" two-hour movie was the official pilot episode for Babylon 5.

At any rate, I'm sure that by the fourth or fifth episode of the new season that Tony, Ziva and McGee will be back with Leon being replaced with a new NCIS director. I'd even say that we may see a pre-season start on the new season with a 3-4 episode storyarc before the standard 22 episode season starts. That would give the directors a six episode storyarc to work with to bring back the original team.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Um, that's right. That's what I was talking about. What did you think I meant? (Although it wasn't actually called "The Gathering" until after the series went on the air. It was originally called simply Babylon 5, and that is the title it aired under when it was first broadcast.)

We now return you to your regular NCIS thread, already in progress. :)

So - I'm not sure they're going to do a quick turn-around with the team. They could take a page out of CSI's book, or House's, and keep the team apart for all or most of a season, and make that a major on-going arc of its own.

Either way it should be interesting.

Regards,

Joe

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Oops, I thought you were talking about a new pilot episode for the series.

If they manage to do that, CBS and Paramount are going to lose a lot of viewers, me included. While I had never watched an episode of the series on television, my introduction to the series was through a blind purchase of all four seasons through Columbia House.com I fell in love with the characters of the series. Kate's death at the end of Season 2 was heart-wrenching for me. I think to change the dynamic of the show is going to end up with lower ratings for the show if the producers of the series don't reunite the original team quickly into the new season.

If it turns out that CBS is changing the cast like this I know they'll have a lost a viewer because I'll go back to watching DVD shows ... NCIS is the only series that I really watch these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks