What's new

NCIS season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And I can't believe that NCIS's ratings just keep on staying consistenly in th 17-19 million viewers range, they were tops for Tuesday night this week.

The cast chemistry of NCIS is very good, with Bones a close 2nd for me.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Did anyone notice the big week Scottie Thompson (Jeanne, Tony's ex) had? She was the wife of a murderer on Shark and the actual murderer on CSI: NY. Seems like her time on NCIS got her some attention - at least from the casting directors for crime shows. ;)

I hope she returns to NCIS at some point.

Regards,

Joe

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

No, I missed it. We have Shark on the DVR, but are not regular CSI: NY viewers. I also hope she returns as I think there is more to be done with her and Tony's story. Of course, she is also not bad to look at.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a super regular viewer of this show, but I know it well enough. I resurrect this thread because of two things I saw, Gretchen Egolf appears as a detective investigating a murder in tonights new episode and of course, DiNozzo is on her. The appearance of Gretchen raised an eye as I liked her in Journeyman and nice to see her back on network TV.

But it appars that an article on TVguide.com writes that a major chaacter will have a major event happening. Put two and two together and Gretchen's character could be pulled in as a new cast member.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

It could also refer to the final scene in this episode, when we learn who Ducky is helping in secret. Not saying you are wrong, but Egolf's character may just become a side character, like Col. Mann.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, after watching the whole episode, I agree in regards to Egolf's character and especially that final scene.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
If limited to a major female character then it would by Ziva. I assume any changes at the top of their NCIS unit would come from within the whole NCIS organization or other Naval resources.

Speaking of Ziva, I liked her more casual hair style exhibited in the first surveillance scenes.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
As a big Journeyman fan I was delighted to see Gretchen again, and I also hope they were setting up an opportunity to bring her back in the future, either in a recurring or a regular role. I don't think there is necessarily any connection between Egolf's possible future with the show and either the spoiler about a major change or the revelation in the last scene. They could certainly add another member to the team any time they want to, and it isn't like there is some rule that there can only be one woman on it.

Regards,

Joe

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Well the final scene of last night's episode defiantely left a trap-door exit for one of the characters, and it wasn't Ziva.

I also liked Ziva's new hairstyle - it actually reminded me of Kate's...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Agreed on the possible exit and on Zia not being it. But there are a lot of things that "major change" could mean besides "actor/character" leaving the show. Various medical and psersonal issues come to mind, as does the possiblity that an actor committed to a movie or stage role during the strike and wasn't available to film all the scheduled post-strike episodes. Producers are often amenable to writing actors out of "X" episodes so that they can pursue outside projects and certainly aren't above exploiting the situation to goose the sweeps-period ratings by making the absence a plot point in the show.

Regards,

Joe

VicB

Agent
Real Name
Victor Bullara

I believe the blood work was done on the Director Jenny Shepard played by Lauren Holly. If you look at their cast site, you'll see how radical HER hari has been. For a while there she looked like she could actually have had cancer.
Cast - NCIS on CBS

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I'm pretty sure he knew who I was refering to. I just tried to avoid any sort of spoiler (including the box type, because I know some people accidently click those), rather than outwardly spoiling the end of the episode.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Lauren Holly has been commuting from Chicago to L.A. on a weekly basis to film the show and apparently wants to spend more time with her family.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Me, too, until that became a moot point. I've been very careful with spoilers ever since I noticed that they appear in the notification e-mails that thread-subscribers get, and that subscribers will get a notification on the unedited version of a posted message as well as subsequent version. So if you post a message, realize something is a spoiler and then edit the post to fix the problem, susbcribers have already been spoiled.

Not that the reason is really any of our business, but "I want to spend more time with my family" has been the default explanation for sudden resignations for everybody from actors with drug problems to coaches with losing records to politicians who are about to be indicted that I'm automaticaly suspicious whenever I hear the phrase. :)

Regards,

Joe

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Once again network TV promulgates the misinformation that just about anyone is qualified to perform surgery on animals. :) All it takes is a little volunteer experience cleaning kennels and you're good to go!

Jeez, I want to hurl everytime I see junk TV like this. People get paid good money for this!?

No proper anesthesia, no hair clipping, no sterile prep, no sterile instuments, improper surgical positioning.......

Yet the patient survives and is shaking hands in less than a day!

Never mind that the military has excellent veterinarians, and that this was a highly trained military working dog worth several thousand dollars.

NCIS used to be one of the only network shows I watched. BLEAH!!!

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Uhh, you do realize that very little of what NCIS shows actually happens in the day to day life of an agent.

-You can't zoom in on a fuzzy video image and get a crystal clear image.
-You can't just "pull up" traffic video, private surveillance footage, medical records, or any of the countless other things they do to get info.
-If you shoot your gun (let alone shoot someone else), you are going to sit at a desk for a while and go before a board of inquiry. You're not going out later that day to investigate more.
-A large part of your day is spent writing reports, appearing in court, and putting together cases for prosecutors. It's not driving from scene to scene, interview to interview, desk to home.
-DNA takes days to review, not minutes.

So, with all this, not shaving a dog seems to be one of the more minor faux pas in this (and almost any cop) show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks