What's new

NCIS season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Chip could go and I wouldn't mind it in the least. This is Abby's domain and having him in her lab is like having someone setting at Gibb's desk all the time. The character just isn't needed.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
No comments on this week's episode? I loved it, especially the look on Gibbs' face at the end when Director Shepard left with Ducky.

This week's "conference" between Fornell and Gibbs was pretty funny as well.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
11/22/05 - "Frame-Up"

The ending of last night's show seemed to come out of the blue to me. To avoid any potential conflict, spoiler text on:

Chip being the one behind the frame-up seemed just completely out of left field. I don't know if they always intended to do that with his character (or just realized how poorly he fit in with the ensemble and tried to get rid of him easily). But in a way, I'm almost worried that NCIS just "jumped the shark" with this one. I'll still be watching, but that plot resolution left a lot to be desired.

Bryan

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Jumping the shark has long since "jumped the shark."

It seems that any time a TV series does something someone doesn't like, they suggest the show has jumped the shark. Good shows make bad episodes all the time without going into decline.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to get this off my chest. I feel better now.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Didn't catch me at all. As soon as he glared at Ducky's assistant with that "death" look in his eyes, I knew there was something. Then, when they talked about all the forensic evidence, I figured Chip must have planted it. And then, when the other suspect screamed, "He set me up again", I realized it was Chip.

Nah, this show hasn't jumped the shark. Still good, still interesting, survived losing a main character. Good relationships, good characters, good plots.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I totally agree with Paul. I just wish people would move on and retire the phrase all together.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
The resolution to last night's episode did feel a bit odd to me as well. I can say that I am happy that the Chip character will no longer be on the show. He just really did not fit in very well in my opinion. I wonder if this is what the character's purpose was from the start or if it was a way to get rid of him since he seemed so out of place?

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I liked the extra focus on Abby and consider Chip's exit a bonus. I see the whole Chip arc as nothing more than Belasario exercising a little nepotism.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I wonder how many other Bellesario zygotes there are out there that we'll have to put up with...

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
One of the things that I like about NCIS is that it isn't afraid to make jokes - last night was a great example of this. From Tony's monologue in the jail cell to Abby's final comment of 'Now can I work alone?' I was laughing quite a bit.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The ending where all was revealed seemed a little rushed. Unlike ABC, though, they don't let the show run an extra three minutes :) I liked it just fine. Lots of funny stuff as usual.

Absolutely agree, Paul. The notion of jumping the shark has jumped the shark so long ago, that pointing it out may have jumped the shark already.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
aghh! NCIS hasn't jumped the shark. I liked this episode-- it was so much better than "CSI: Miami".

I think "Jumping the Shark" refers to the the point at time where editors start to lose control. I haven't seen happy days, or whatever the show was. Yeah, I'm told that the cast "really wanted to do it". And I've been told that that the show wasn't really the same afterwards. Based on thos e vague statements, I'm getting a picture of an editorial board that was afraid to say "that's a stupid idea."

But here, we have a show that's full of surprises, The writers aren't in a rut. And if an occasional storyline falls flat, the next weeks show is often better. IMHO, even if "Chip" was hastily written off the show, NCIS's writers showed Hollywood how to do it. Maybe they're helped by the fact that the show doesn't take itself too seriously, but...

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

OK .... so maybe I "jumped the gun" on the "jumping the shark" reference ... like I said, I still enjoy the show and will keep watching. Chalk it up to (what was in my opinion) a little bit of a sub-par episode with a rushed/somewhat silly ending.

Bryan

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/29/05

Ziva totally owned Dinozzo in this episode. She's really overwhelming his bloated self-worth.

Probie was lucky Jethro reacts faster than he thinks at the end.

Glad to see Abby stretching out from the lab, and practically saves the day with piecing together a plausible simulation for how it all went down.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Yes, it seemed obvious that if the gun wasn't there it would likely be in the car, but I guess you would think that highly improbable if you thought the cop was the shooter. My only problem was with the gun shots. If one of them came from a completely different direction shouldn't they have immediately determined that by the point of impact on the body?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not really because the body twisting around between Probie's bullets and the bad cop's shot. The guy was shot straight on by the bad cop, and then stumbled into Probie's shot straight on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks