What's new

NCIS Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
WOW....:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

But also sad, don't know how the chemistry will be next year and I imagine the first few episodes will be dark...could be some good revenge episodes though with Gibbs going completely nuts! Could be some good follow up too with the army idiot who brought the assasin back into the country.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I thought it was the FBI guy that brought him back into the country.

About Kate dying, I actually thought it would have been the Probie or Tony. One time I even thought it would be Palmer!

I always had a feeling that Ari planned to kill someone other than Gibbs to torment him. I mean why kill someone when you can make their lives miserable by destroying the ones he cares for and make it last a long time.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
During the previews, I kept thinking that CBS would go the cheap route and kill off Ducky's assistant. Then last night, I would have sworn that McGee was going to be the one to get bumped off. When Kate got shot in the vest, I thought that no one was going to buy it and the teasers were all just that, teasers. Then, BLAM! I am rarely caught that off-guard. Wow...

I too wonder if the show will ever be as attractive without Kate. I agree with everyone who says that the chemistry in this series is (was) top notch. At least for the beginning of next season, we'll get to see Gibbs (and probably everyone else on the show) blow a gasket! After that, who knows...

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
We saw Jethro blow a bit of a gasket when Gerald and he were only wounded last time. When a body on the floor now, we'll probably see Gibbs go all "Jack Bauer" on us for the first couple of episodes next season.

The episode set us up to think it was going to be Tony to die. He came back from his illness before he was ready. McGee and Kate trading "fond" memories at the beginning. Abby's dream.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I just wish the CBS promo weasels didn't make such a big deal about someone dying. Then it would have been a real shock.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator

I hate to admit this, but after only watching a couple of episodes this season the promos made me tune in Tuesday night. I hate to reward those types of spoilers. My schedule just didn't make this an easy show to watch this season, but I'll probably make it a point to watch next year just to see how they transition in a new female lead.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
She says the show was too physically demanding, whatever that means. That makes this a case of delayed "Geneviève Bujold syndrome" (She was the first Captain Janeway on Voyager, for about three days, in case you were unaware) instead of "David Caruso syndrome."

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
I tend to keep away from reading spoilers for shows I like and must admit the ending of NCIS blew me away. They did set you up to believe it would be someone else, but I would've known in a second if it was reported she was wanting to leave the show.

Could anyone post when this was known about her wanting to leave and a few more details? I'm just skeptical about the shows chemistry changing dramatically with a new actress coming into a new role. It can work, but they will have to write it VERY WELL for people to begin to warm-up to her.

I'm at least sticking out half of next season just to see where they go with this. Also, it's not bad to shake things up for a seasoned show and keep interest up if they can pull it off.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
One of the great things about Gibb's character is that he isn't afraid to be his position in the organization. Too many shows have the main guy hold back on shooting someone or the like. Gibb's character gets to do what he knows is right. One of the episodes I loved was with the guy that changes his sex to a woman, she is trying to move in on Tony, Gibbs shows up at the end, puts a gun to his/her head and then pulls the trigger without batting an eye. Not too many shows on network TV today that have the guts to put in scenes like that.

Like everyone else I was blown away with Kate getting a head shot by Ari. You KNOW that Gibbs is going to go ballistic on him now. He already told him that if he hurt one of his team he would kill him. Now he has to make good on it. I also see Tony stepping up to the plate big time too. He would always kid around a lot but when push comes to shove Tony is right in the thick of things. I can see Tony and Gibbs stopping at nothing to take him out.

AjayM

Screenwriter

I believe the story about her wanting to leave only broke a day or two before the finale. And from what I've read so far it may have been a last minute decision, as DPB gave an interview stating that he wasn't going to give the final 5 minutes of the script to the cast until the very end of filming and that any "regular" field op could have been the odd-person out, then when he found out she wanted to leave he basically wrote it for her character.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Damn it. I missed the season finale. And now, to read this! DAMN DAMN DAMN!

Hopefully, TIVO will catch it in reruns. but . . . DAMN!

At least Abby is still there. She's cute, in a Goth sort of way!

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I missed it too, for some reason I thought the plague episode was the finale and I didn't bother recording what turned out to be the real finale. Hopefully they'll run it again before the fall season premiere.

Have to say I'm really disappointed. What makes this show work for me is the chemistry of the ensemble cast, and the 3 leads in particular. Especially since this past season we've seen more depth to the relationships (sure Tony and Kate teased each other endlessly, but there was also a friendship underneath that banter).

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I wonder if next season will open with Kate on Ducky's autopsy table?

htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

More likely, just a funeral scene.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark

Sorry dude, any unatural or unexpected death gets you on the slab, no matter how apparent the cause. And it's not only for cause of death, at minimum they have to recover the bullet (if it didn't fragment) for evidence...better hope you die at 105 in a hospital if you don't want to get cut! :)

But in reality Ducky wouldn't be doing it...it's like last year on CSI Miami when the doc is cutting up what's his name (one of the characters from the show) with Horatio looking on...NEVER WOULD HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE! They'd call in another team for the investigation. They just try to make it "emotional" for the audience...what a crock. No wonder I can't stand the show.

NCIS on the other hand is really good (at least entertainment wise due to a lot of character interaction) and although some of their forensic stuff is also a tad out there, it's not as much blatent bullshit which the other CSI shows put out. I'm guessing they have excellent consultants for this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks