"NCIS" looks good!

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Jim Robbins, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Jim Robbins

Jim Robbins Stunt Coordinator

I watched the new spinoff show "NCIS" last night in HD and was impressed. I like the characters and the production values of the show. Of course this is the opening show so they may have spent more on it than normal. I especially like the doctor "Ducky" played by David McCallum.

2. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I enjoyed it. I've set it up as a season pass on Tivo. However, they did really raise the bar for the first show. They won't be saving the president every episode.

However, I like Mark Harmon, so this should be interesting.

3. Daniel`D

Daniel`D Stunt Coordinator

I thought it was good too.I can't wait for more.

4. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

I was surprised that they got GWB for the brief cameo on AF1. I knew Bellisario was thick with the Navy but he's really got reach.

5. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Haven't seen this yet, but was it an actual cameo, or just use of stock news footage? IIRC even in an early ep of JAG, there was something involving The President, and they used news footage of Clinton (either jogging or walking to Marine One, can't remember which, maybe both even), which looked very different, and obviously didn't feature any of the cast at all.

6. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

I'm pretty sure that was the same guy who's been doing Bush impersonations on late-night TV, it definitely wasn't the real GWB.

I thought the show was OK, nothing special. Definitely better than Threat Matrix or Jake 2.0, but so far I don't like the cast as much as I did on The Agency.

7. Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes Second Unit

It was good to see Mark Harmon in fine form and was that a cameo by his wife Pam D in the car who came to pick him up at the end of the ep? I think it was.

The show was decent, but not in the same league as CSI and closer to JAG in style, but its interesting to see how the writers and producers now throw real terroist names like
    al-qaeda in the dialogue, the days of s.p.e.c.t.r.e are long gone.

8. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    It was definately a Dubya lookalike, and not the real president. It wasn't the guy who does Dubya on the Tonight Show, though. It was someone else, who also had quite a bit of makeup and prosthetics.

A good friend of mine is a GWB impersonator, so I've learned a bit about them.

9. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I finally got around to watching this pilot, and thought the hour flew by, which is a good sign. I liked the characters from the get-go and it looks very promising.