NCIS and JAG

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Katherine_K, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

With the recent (within the last few hours) confirmation by TSoD of a May release for Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service season 1, does anyone have any understanding if the long standing contract problems with JAG have been resolved and we can see a similar release of the mother series in the near future?

My understanding for a long time was that syndication contracts prevented paramount from releasing JAG previously, but the December rumors (also from TSoD) were of both shows.

Does anyone have a better understanding of the situation than I do?

2. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

I thought I heard somewhere that Gord Lacey and Dave Lambert reported that these two shows had shown up in Paramounts directory of information of information only available to Media outlets.

Matter of fact, Kat, I think they reported on that on their own website the same time they reported on several other shows such as The Sentinel and some other shows.

3. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

That was the information I was aware of, but as I passed around news to friends of mine who were interested in NCIS but were not as keyed into TV on DVD issues as I were there was a lot of confusion as to why there was news about the spinoff before the mother show.

Figured I'd pass on the questions to people even more up on the subject than I was [​IMG]

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

JAG is still coming, just not on the same date as NCIS. Since we now know Paramount's May slate, June would be the earliest we'd see a release for JAG.

Gord

5. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I willdefinately buy both shows when released! 2 of my favorites! [​IMG]

6. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

Thank you Gord, I appreciate the response.

7. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

I may pick up Jag but I never got into NCIS. Only reason I got into watching Jag was because of an accident. Iat was the only thing on and I was channel-surfing and soon became glued to the television watching old repeated episodes. I haven't watched it in a while but it's one that would be on my list of shows to buy. The one I'm really waiting for is "The Sentinel."[​IMG] [​IMG]