NCIS 9/30/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Forgive the tardiness of this thread, but I finally got around to watching it.

Overall, I'm digging this show. Gotta love a lead character with the first name of "Jethro" (Gibbs). I'll pretty much watch any show with Sasha Alexander on it. Michael Weatherly's Tony is pretty funny given Gibbs is mainly the straight man in their exchanges. The forensics chick, Abby, is interesting and upbeat about her work, and Ducky is a hoot. It's a solid cast.

The case for this episode was mainly a way to introduce the main characters and their backgrounds to the new kid on the block (Sasha's character), while they investigate when a marine's parachute didn't open and he fell from the sky and landed in a SUV to his death.

2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I am really liking this show (even more so than what is supposed to be fall's best show, Karen Sisco), but I felt ep 2 was a bit of a letdown with all the smart writing going on last week. Ep 2 was strictly CSI by the books, but the actors rose above the script. I absolutely love David McCallum's Dr. 'Ducky' Mallard. The cast has gelled nicely and I look forward to what future episodes bring.

Didja know that 'Jethro' is Gibbs' middle name? His first name is Leroy.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Not a JAG watcher, so I didn't know Jethro was Gibbs' middle name.