What's new

NCAA March Madness: CBS or Comcast screwing up??? (1 Viewer)

Jason Co

Second Unit
I turned on the Illinois game last night and it wasn't being broadcast in HD????? I have noticed problems with CBS and their HD broadcasts before but I have also had issues with Comcast. All the other HD channels worked fine so I believe it was CBS screwing the pooch. COME ON MAN!!! Sports are a major reason I got HD in the first place. Did anyone else in the Detroit area or elsewhere have this problem??? Help me out before I decide to get rid of my HD entirely. Okay I wouldn't gt rid of it entirely but DAYUM!!!

J

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The Illinois game wasn't in HD. Not all CBS games for this are in HD and I would bet it is due to the lack of cameras.

With the NCAA, Some are, and some aren't.

I saw tidbits of the Illinois game here in Tulsa(no HD). The game following which was Texas was in HD.

Mark Klaus

Stunt Coordinator
You're lucky you got anything. CBS-HD was just a white screen on WOW yesterday, the first time that's ever happened on any of WOW's HD channels. Great timing.

Jason Co

Second Unit
Well I guess if it has to happen....it happened in the first round. Let's hope the Final 4 and Championship game are in HD.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
All games next weekend and for the Final 4 will be in HD. It seems CBS has the ability to do 4 locations in HD at a time.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
It is frustrating watching the HD game on the HD CBS channel when another game is going down to the wire. We were shouting at CBS to switch to the other game when we realized that they were probably doing that on the analog feed. A quick channel change revealed that they were switching games on the analog feed, and that the analog feed looked like boiled excrement in comparison.

On the HD channel they are showing one game and sticking with it. The three games I saw in HD yesterday were Oklahoma - Niagara, Gonzaga - Winthrop, and Texas Tech - UCLA. Fortunately those were all fairly entertaining games. Once or twice the did the "live look-in" on another game, but they used the analog signal with vertical bars on the side.

Brad

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I'm in Illinois (and went to school there too!), and I still wish they would have shown a different game in high-def on CBS-HD. I can always watch the analog feed if I want to see the non-high def game shown.

Larry L

Agent
Kind of off topic here, but is anyone having audio problems with these broadcasts? i'm watching in HD on Cox Cable. The audio from the actual HD broadcasts is fine. But when they switch to an SD game, I'm getting horrible dropouts via my Outlaw receiver. so bad, the game becomes unwatchable. Like every 5 seconds or so. Not as bad on the SD commercials but still there none-the-less. It's only happening on this one channel, I checked all the other HD channels including those showing an SD broadcast (NBC golf, for example)

Anywone else having this problem?

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Jason, here in Ontario, I'm getting all the HD networks from Detroit. CBS-HD has been down for a couple of days now I think. The rest of them are working fine. :angry: Hope it's fixed soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks