What's new

NCAA football spring practice. (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I went to the Orange and Blue game this past saturday at the University of Florida. What an atmosphere for a spring game. Almost like a regular season game with all the tailgating etc.. I was surprised byt the following..

"The University of Florida football team concluded its 2005 spring season on Saturday afternoon with the Orange and Blue Debut in front of a record crowd of 58,500 as the Orange squad defeated the Blue team 34-28 at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

The record crowd witnessed an offensive showcase by both squads and became the largest home crowd ever to watch an Urban Meyer coached team eclipsing the Sept. 11, 2003 Utah vs. California crowd of 46,768 at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City.
"

Urban is in for a huge surprise when he comes out of the tunnel for the game against Tennessee Sept. 17th..
:D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The NCAA is very close to permanently allowing the addition of a 12th game to the regular season schedules, according to this article.

[/sarcasm on]Gee, and I thought the reason the NCAA was against a playoff was because they did not want to lengthen the season[/sarcasm off]. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Galen_V

Second Unit
Scott-It's not necessarily the NCAA that is against having a football playoff per se, but the university presidents who are concerned about extending the season into final exams. As a result, they basically refuse to hear any argument about a Div-1 playoff on a matter of principle, so it would be stupid for the NCAA to waste their time and propose something that wouldn't get approved. Then again, these same presidents don't seem to have a problem with basketball teams playing during this same period, so who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks