What's new

NCAA Football Names (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Last night I entered all of my Wisconsin Badgers players names in, and to my suprise they are not saying (example) "the QB" or "#5"..... They are saying "Bollinger". (which is the real name I put in of their qb) How fricking cool is that.... That only makes me love the game more...

I was going to ask if this was something new, or if I have just been out of the loop for sometime on football games. I too entered the Badger's roster and noticed that about 5 or 6 names are used by the announcer and the PA announcer now. Pretty sweet if you ask me. I am assuming that this works for all teams, but part of me wishes that the programmers realize the true greatness of the Badgers, and give us fans a little extra.

Damien

Supporting Actor
where did you get your rosters from, I'm also using the Badgers in my dynasty. The ones I found where too confusing to get/see. One game they yanked Bollinger out in the second atr. because i already threw three picks with him. That was cool.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
Announcers in NCAA Football have called out players' names (when entered) for a few years now. I remember first hearing it back on NCAA 2000 or so on PS1. Of course, at that time, there was no commentary, only the PA announcer.
It seems to work for more players than it doesn't. Only occasionally will I hear "#25" instead of the player's last name -- unless I'm playing with Duke, which has a number of players whose names sport far more consonants than they should. :)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Glad to see so many people were interested in this, to. I have played ncaa2002 but never had the time to enter names, now with 2003 I did it though but I think this is one hell of a cool option..... bollinger is the sh!t on this game!
Oh and by the way
YAY!!!
My 100th post!!!!

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
My God!
This thread is full of CheeseHeads! ;)
I just discovered this feature this evening, when I started entering players from the Huskers' roster...
Verrrry cool... :emoji_thumbsup:

James St

Supporting Actor
I wish there was a Sharkport for the XBox as well. Many people bought a PS2 Sharkport last year just for NCAA 2002. I just added the entire Florida roster and thats all I'm doing. It takes a lot of time and doing all schools would be a real pain in the ass.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
I've done all nine schools in the ACC, and all but three of the 12 in the SEC. It is a pain in the @ss. I've spent as much or more time entering names as I have playing.

I'll finish the SEC and also add names for out-of-conference teams Georgia is playing, then stop. Might add a few more biggies- Miami, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma -- down the line.

Damien

Supporting Actor
i am going to send in my memory card soon and see what i get.

running wisconsin is as unpredictable as max paynes dream sequences. there secondary and coverage is obviously below average(especially if you followed real-life last season), but at times they have gotten me out of jams. but other times they just get picked apart, and even blew a 14-pt 4th Q lead(allowing a :36 92 yard drive). i like their rb and te, they always come up big. so far in the first season i am 5-2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks