What's new

NCAA Football for XBox Problem (1 Viewer)

David Nolan

Stunt Coordinator
i bought this game shortly after it came out and have been playing it regularly for awhile. however, a month or so ago, after the initial intro stuff, when the game is loading, a black screen comes up and says there may be something wrong with my disc. i have cleaned it, shut the system down, unplugged it, waited, nothing works. other games all work fine - some have been played longer than this one. just wondering if there is something else i can try, and if not, what is my recourse with EA sports? any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

david

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Hey David,

Try this. Backup all your NCAA 2003 save files onto a Xbox memory card. Once you have backed up everything, delete all the files that have to do with NCAA from the Xbox Hard Drive. Then just restore the old files from the memory card back onto the hard drive. See if that fixes the problem. I read a few months back that people were having some problems with this game and this seemed to fix the problem. Hope that helps!

Brandon Smith

Damien

Supporting Actor
this seems like the one and only major flaw with these supersystems we have out today...I have ran into more dirty disc error's and lockup's in owning xbox for 7 months than SNES, PS1, and the rest combined(assuming games were in good condition.)..I've heard worse things about the PS2...

JohnThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Thompson
This is actually VERY common with EA College Football 2003. It has happened to me several times. It is pretty frustrating when you are in the third season of a career and you lose everything.

Unfortunately this problem has much more to do with sloppy code than you disk being dirty or damaged. I hope that EA Ports does a better job next year, as this is my favorite game (after Splinter Cell).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks