What's new

NCAA Football 2007 Season (1 Viewer)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
If you look at it this way, the loser of OSU-Michigan will be the most impressive team out of all the one-loss teams because of the 'quality' of their loss. All of the other one-loss teams lost to a team that is vastly inferior to either the Wolverines or the Buckeyes. Presuming, of course, that the game will be close, you could make an entirely plausible argument for there being a rematch in the BCS title game.

RichardK

Second Unit
ps. I didnt intentionally slight Rutgers in their quest for the BCS title game, but I dont think the Polls or the computers are going to push them to #2 if they go undefeated. BCS#3, a very nice BCS bowl opportunity against a Tier 1 team, and a fat payday is what they will get.
Even if the AP and the coaches vote them #2 across the board to try and get them in the game, the computers arent!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Another heartbreaking loss for A&M. Again I was there for it. Down 21-10 at half only to storm back for a 27-21 lead with about 2 mins left. Get an interception at the Nebraska 40. Only need one first down to seal it. Can't get it....field goal is blocked. Damnit! Nebraska drives down and scores.

A&M's 3 losses have been by a total of 6 points. I need several sessions with Dr. Phil soon as I don't think I can take this any longer.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Nearly threw my cell phone against the Kyle Field concrete. I have issues. :)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm now hoping A&M beats Texas and OU wins out, because they'd be the champs of the Big 12 south.
USC still needs to play Cal who is pretty schizo. They could beat the Trojans.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter

RichardK, the computers already have Rutgers #2, behind Michigan. Ohio State is ranked 3rd.

Come on Rutgers. Cinderalla lives!!

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Which may happen because apparently Snead will start the next game as the injury is going to sideline UT's young gun.

OU winning the Big12 with two losses would be interesting because while they won't claim a shot at the big game, they would walk in feeling slighted because they still feel as though they got jobbed on the Oregon game. (and they did). Plus, there is a shot they'd have Peterson back in a bowl game.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

It's more like the TV network isn't going to let them play in the big game. :)

It was funny to see Notre Dame jump so high considering they've been playing high school teams the past few weeks but then again, the networks need them in the big game.

SethH

Senior HTF Member

Yes, but the reason WVU is ahead of Louisville is because of the human polls that are used. The computers have Louisville ahead of WVU.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
No matter which team gets to the title game to play the Michigan - OSU winner, more than one team will have a legit case for being in the game. Once again the BCS will have failed.

GO BLUE!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
He said he wanted to play in the Bedlam game(which I'm going to). If he plays that game, then he would play in the Conference Championship game if Texas loses vs A&M. If they win the Big 12 championship, don't they go to a BCS bowl?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Yes, the Big 12 winner gets an automatic bid. Not sure what bowl it is though. Fiesta?

I don't think A&M has the guns to beat Texas this year. After 2 consecutive one point losses, there is a chance Texas will blow them out. :frowning:

RichardK

Second Unit

WOW! You're right! Then it could happen...but Michael E makes the best point...TV will find a way to deny them!

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I agree as well. While not on the Friday after Thanksgiving, as had been its tradition during the days of the Big 8, I'd love to see NU-OU in the B12 CCG a week later.

It would be as it should be (every year), Nebraska and Oklahoma vying for the conference title.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Another factor is that it was the Notre Dame game after thanksgiving that rocketed Carson Palmer to a Heisman (and an overall #3 rank) USC winning again on the Notre Dame game after thanksgiving would probably make them uncontested to play in the national championship if they win out against Cal and UCLA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks