Lets see...
  • Serving Alcohol to Underage Girls
  • Accused of having Sex with a Minor
  • Reckless Driving
  • Driving with a Revoked or Suspended License
  • Marijuana Possession
  • Flipping The Bird to West Virginia Fans
  • Assault with the Intention of Bodily Harm
  • And who knows what other 'activities' he was involved in that were either never discovered or released to the public
Unfortunately, this is not an unusual resume for a modern day NFL player, so perhaps he will fit right in. :frowning:

SethH

Senior HTF Member

This is true, but I think it's because Steger has more authority than Beamer or Weaver. Beamer and Weaver could only kick him off the team. Steger can kick him out of school completely . . . which is what he did.

James St

Supporting Actor
Future BCS Structure

Following 2006 Regular Season:
Jan. 1, 2007 - Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 1, 2007 - Rose Bowl
Jan. 2, 2007 - Orange Bowl
Jan. 3, 2007 - Sugar Bowl
Jan. 8, 2007 - National Championship Game (Phoenix)

Following 2007 Regular Season:
Jan. 1, 2008: Sugar Bowl
Jan. 1, 2008: Rose Bowl
Jan. 2, 2008: Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 3, 2008: Orange Bowl
Jan. 8, 2008: National Championship Game (New Orleans)

Following 2008 Regular Season:
Jan. 1, 2009: Orange Bowl
Jan. 1, 2009: Rose Bowl
Jan. 2, 2009: Sugar Bowl
Jan. 5, 2009: Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 8, 2009: National Championship Game (Miami)

Following 2009 Regular Season:
Jan. 1, 2010: Sugar Bowl
Jan. 1, 2010: Rose Bowl
Jan. 4, 2010: Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 5, 2010: Orange Bowl
Jan. 8, 2010: National Championship Game (Pasadena)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

So, they'll still hold a bowl by the same name in a different location when the National Championship game is being played? For example, in 2009 the National Championship will be in Pasadena, but the Rose Bowl Game will still be played. Will they just move it's physical location?

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I'm a little confused about this national championship game. How would it have worked this year? Would USC and Texas have played in different bowl games at first, to reflect a "seeding" that they would be expected to meet in the national title game? I assume they wouldn't have #1 vs #2 meeting up BEFORE the extra BCS game.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you have a true 4-team playoff (based on whatever criteria had been set up to rank the teams), #1 plays #4, #2 plays #3, the winner of those games play in the final BCS game. The BCS would have to assign which bowl hosts the #1/#4 matchup and the #2/#3 matchups from the onset. If seeds hold, the #1 and #2 seeds would play for the title in the final game.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

No, USC and Texas would have played a week later in Pasadena. Two other teams would have played in the "official" BCS Rose Bowl on New Year's Day (well, January 2nd this year).

There will now be 10 BCS invitations instead of 8. This is the result of threatened lawsuits from schools in the smaller conferences having little opportunity to get a BCS invitation.

Of course, the logical thing to do would have been setting up #1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3, with the winners playing in the BCS title game a week later (as Patrick suggests). But that would make too much sense, so instead we get what I described above.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, why does the NIN album title "The Downward Spiral" keep coming to mind?

Well, at least he can mealticket off of Michael.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

Ah, OK, I get it. So no teams get an "extra" game, it's just that #1 and #2 wait another week and play the title game after all of the bowl games have been played.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
The Steelers and Panthers are demonstrating why I have no respect for college football rankings and requests for a BCS overhaul.

Under the BCS people are requesting, a team like Pittsburgh (with their 5 regular season losses) would never be considered for the "playoffs," such as 4-loss Florida State this past season.

In spite of their regular season losses, the Steelers proved on the field they are better than all the "top-ranked" teams in the AFC.

In the NCAAs, the Steelers would still be ranked below these teams even though they won. A lot of fellow HTF'ers somehow don't have a problem with that (a fact that still baffles me).

Until this is fixed, no BCS tweak will be worth a damn.

That's the final word on NCAA Football 2005. See y'all next season!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks