What's new

NCAA Football 2005 Season (1 Viewer)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

If Carroll did make a mistake, it was not having Bush on the field for that play. Flank him out to the reciever slot or put him in motion...something. Having Bush on the field makes Texas have to account for him and the one or two players committed to stopping Reggie Bush might've been enough to buy USC another six inches and a first down.

Either way, hell of a game. Too bad this now pushes the idea of a playoff system another decade beyond what it already was into the future.

Bruce

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
You win 34 straight and lose the championship game in the final minute. You would be CRUSHED. And when you're crushed, you don't think straight.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I know, Nils. As I said, Bush's Fresno State game was my favorite of the season...I never said it was the best. VY's game will be talked about forever as one of the best. There's no doubt in my mind.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Crawdaddy,
That is a very logical scenario. The only x-factors will be trades of course. Because Houston has a high priced RB and QB on the roster, they may very well be taking offers on Bush.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
I'm not so sure he would go first over Bush considering the kind of impact Reggie could have in the NFL right out of the box, but I also had not considered the whole "hometown" angle regarding Houston. On the other hand, how often has that really played a major role in what player a team drafts. I can certainly see how Vince might want to play for the Texans, although at a serious risk to his health due to their pathetic offensive line. And I suppose you could see why the Texans might want him as well, as that would certainly create a huge amount of interest in their games by the local fans, but they already have a very good QG in Carr who seems to be well like by the Texan fans. Very tough call, but unless they can get an amazing deal for Carr, I'd have to think they are going to stick with Bush, thus making him the #1 draft pick.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Let's make a deal ;) If Texas could trade down, say trade their #1 and #4 and later picks so the Jets - where Bush wants to play - gets him, and Houston can stock up on what they need later and grab someone like Young at #4.

RichardK

Second Unit

Ok, I'll bite. Where is George K? Does he have a Heisman in his ear?

As a Texas grad and of course die-hard Longhorn Fan, the feeling during and after Wednesday night's game is indescribable!!!!

I predicted 31-21, and boy I was right on track if the 1st half story carried to the 2nd half...but as we all know it didnt.

Amazing, 400yds of offense for each team in the 2nd half alone. Vince Young/David Thomas (David had a career game) vs Leinart/White/Bush...Wow!!!!

I thought we were done after USC went up 38-26. 12pts, two touchdowns to win the game. Sure, we can score the points, but can we stop them, I could only watch and see. Only 6:42 on the clock to make up the difference...Holy Shit, I couldnt move a muscle until after we stopped them on the 4th and 2. How did we do that? Thank you Michael Huff!
With the ball in our hands with 2:09 to play, I finally stood up and I havent 'sat' down since. Vince Young was unf*cking believeable. I woke up the whole neighborhood when he scampered in for the winning touchdown.

Those last 19 seconds were a blur, honestly all I did was watch the clock, I couldnt watch what USC was doing.
19,18,17,16....8,7,6,5...Zero, Game Over.
Texas wins. National Champions.

Texas Fans, ELATED!
Critics, quieted.
Haters, stunned.
ESPN, pffftt!
USC,streak over!(hat off to the Trojans,DAMN THEY ARE GOOD!)
George K, seen posting in 'Movies' the day after... ;)

I'm still savoring. Heading down to Austin for a taste of the party and to see the UT Tower lit orange. What a beautiful site it will be!

Hook 'em.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Wow, I wasn't expecting him to be kicked off the team. My hat's off to Beamer and his staff for dealing with the problem though.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Yep, Marcus is gone. Considering all the infractions, I think it's the right call.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes in the draft. I think I'd be willing to pick him up in the 4th or 5th round to try him as a wide receiver -- I don't think he's proven enough as a QB to be picked as one. His arm strength and accuracy is better than Mike's was coming out, but he's about a step slower on the field (although speed tests mark him only 0.1 seconds slower).

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

Aside from the suspended license part... Driving 38 in a 25 is something many of us have done.

Risky project for any team given his off-the-field history, but if I was looking for a QB he's probably the best bet behind Leinhart. Obviously, others will see his speed as an asset for many other positions.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It looks like this Michigan fan's wishes may come true. Rumors in the local paper are that Lloyd Carr is going to change at least one, and maybe both, coordinator positions. If he only dumps one, I certainly hope it's defensive coordinator Jim Herrmann.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member

I live near the 360 Bridge, about twenty miles (as the crow flies) NW from the UT Tower and yet when it is lit up like that it can be seen as clear as can be... quite a sight!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks