NCAA football 2003 ps2 play calling help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle M. Krueger, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Kyle M. Krueger

Mar 17, 1999

I need some help, Im playing NCAA Football with my roommate and I can not for the life of me stop him while he is running the option game..

I know someone out there knows what defense to call to stop the option cold... Any suggestions.

2. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Jul 9, 2000
    While none of my friends really run the option on me I do have a few pointers:

1)I can't stress this one enough. Be disciplined when attempting a tackle, don't just go diving every chance you get. String the runner out to the sidelines as much as possible, close the gap between you and him and go from there. When my option is red hot, it's mostly do to the other player diving after me way too soon.

2)If you know he's running the option, blitz the corners, this helps put some pressure on the sidelines right from the start.

3)If he's not a deep ball thrower, bring your secondary up close for a little bump-n-run, again to get some pressure up front immediately.

I don't think there's any one formation that will completely shut down the option, especially of he's a fairly competent player. I still say the most important thing is disciplined tackling though. Hope this helps.