What's new

NCAA basketball, tornadoes, and March Madness 2008 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was in conniption fits during the UCLA-Texas A&M, my bracket was so hosed if UCLA went down tonight...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Same here. I didn't have them all the way, but a lot further than that game; as it is, my bracket's already hurting from UConn out in one and Duke out in two...

Chris

Senior HTF Member
No offense to their competition, but the road the Jayhawks have to take to the Final four is now like a walk in the park in comparison to other brackets, no offense meant.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Philip, you and . . . well, just you. LOL! For the record, I only have 10 teams still alive in the Sweet Sixteen, 6 teams still alive in the Elite Eight, and my Final Four is still good.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I ended up with 11 of the sweet 16, and also 6 of the elite 8, and all of my final 4 picks intact. If UCLA can win it all, I'm gonna look like a genius in my 3 pools. But UNC looks unbeatable so far.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I'm doing pretty well. I'm in 93 percentile in Yahoo. I have 11 of the sweet 16 and all elite 8. It was a very entertaining weekend of basketball. UNC continues to play excellent ball. If they keep the focus and energy up they can take it all. I can practically see the bonfires on Franklin Street.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
11/16 as well, 96th percentile in Yahoo. As with Patrick, if UCLA wins it all, so will I.

Coincidentally, the last time I won an NCAA BB Pool? 1995 :D

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm late to this thread, but I'm doing OK with my bracket. I have 12 of the Sweet 16 and my Elite 8 and Final Four are all still possible. I need UCLA to win it all. I missed Villanova, Western Kentucky, West Virginia and Washington State. I'm mad about missing Washington State so badly, but I did have Davidson into this round (sorry Phillip :)).

BTW, has anyone else found the officiating to be inexplicable and bad at times. I'm not normally all over officiating and I have "no horse in this race," but of the first four days of the tournament I thought they were pretty bad on most of the games on at least two of days. The way CBS showed the games on Sunday didn't allow me enough of a view of various games to comment on those games in meaningful way.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
No close games tonight. Davidson won by 17, Texas won by 20, Kansas is up by 19 at the half and Memphis is pounding MSU by 30 at the half.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
For the most part, the tournament has been disappointing in terms of the lack of upsets and the frequency of blowouts. But some great basketball has been played, particularly by:

North Carolina, Memphis, and Kansas. Great athleticism and depth. They're all very well-coached.

Kevin Love. Dude looks like a shorter Greg Ostertag, but he has the biggest basketball IQ I ever seen from a freshman. Love is money.

Stephen Curry and Davidson. The story of the tournament. Even if they lose to Kansas, which I expect, they should give Curry the Final Four MVP regardless of whether or not he shows up there.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

As expected they did lose to Kansas, just not until the last second!

All 4 #1 seeds in the Final Four for the first time ever. That means my #9 bracket at ESPN is going to be the highest scoring one.

Isn't it Most Outstanding Player? The last player to win while playing on a losing team was Akeem Olajuwon in 1983.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I can't win my pool unfortunately. Even if Carolina wins the title, that would put me in no better than second since a person ahead of me has the exact same results as me in the next couple of rounds.

It is kind of funny because my friend Art (he's the one who matches my bracket from here on out) is playing for the first time in his life and has all the top seeds in the final 4. So for all the years for that to happen for the first time, this had to be that year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Since I basically went "chalk" this year, it all comes down to UCLA pullling it out against UNC for me to win a few pools this year. Also ended up in the 97th percentile on Yahoo.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think Memphis can beat either NC or Kansas on Monday if they play up to their potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks