What's new

NCAA Basketball 2004-2005 discussion (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

As a Gator it was heart brwaking to see the loss against Ky.even though I expected it. I was at the game against Alabama and they looked so good. I really have this feeling that they won't make the tourney though...:frowning:

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I think you're paranoid if you seriously feel that the Gators won't make the NCAA tourney. They'll have a winning record in the conference, especially now that Walsh is back. They'll make it. Actually, checking the standings, I see that LSU is in front of Miss. St. now, so maybe the SEC will get 5 teams in, if we're lucky.

Your guys played their hearts out in Rupp on Tuesday night. Man, was the officiating bad, especially in the first half. Both teams got screwed a few times.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
The SEC is having a down year, but every conference does here and there. I expected better things from Alabama this year.

I would say the Big 12 is also having somewhat of a down year due to Texas's injuries and Mizzou having a horrible, beyond terrible coach. I'm predicting 5 or 6 from the Big 12. Kansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and hopefully Texas or Iowa St. Iowa St. is a long shot but they could make it if they would upset Tech or KU and do well in the Big 12 tourney. Texas justs needs to hold on and try to finish with a decent record, but with their injuries and schedule ahead it may be difficult.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
UMKC is a mid major that has had a sensational run of a season this year, but I could easily see them getting screwed out of a spot. Wichita State, I believe, is in regardless with the unbelievable season they are putting together.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Mizzou is coached terribly. And next year they lose Kleiza.. the good news for me, being a K-Stater is that this year we beat them twice (and at home we clobbered them) and next year, since all of our talent is mostly young (soph/fresh) we should have a good chance of piling on them again :) Our coach is nothing to write home about, but he took a terrible program and it's hard to turn around.. Quin took on a big name program from a winning coach off of NCAA visits and has turned it into outright shit. :) Now that's an accomplishment!

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
UMKC lost a big one to Chicago St. the other day. That was a bummer. This is the most I have been excited about this team since they fired Sundvold. With the departure of Watson, this team has really come together. Considering the streak they have put together after their horrible start they do have a decent chance of being selected if they win out. If not, here's hoping the run the table in the Mid Con tourney. Off topic, but I really would love it if they would change their name to Kansas City University.

Wichita State will get in and depending on matchups could get to the Sweet 16 but realistically they probably have a good chance at winning their first game. Two other small conference schools I like is Pacific out of the Big West and St. Mary's out of the WCC. I see all three of those teams having the ability to make some noise in the NCAA's. Along with their basketball woes, it was great having the state of Kansas sweep Mizzou in football this year, with both games being at Mizzou. :laugh: Oh man they got some troubles over there. We should enjoy it while it lasts. I shouldn't talk too much since the Jayhawks still have to go to Columbia, which is never an easy task for them. Congrats on the Cats season, Wooldridge is going to be a hot commodity in a couple years. Excellent hire after Tom Ashbury almost put that program into the grave.

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Uh-Huh, lol, nothing to say there my good fellow? Don't pass this off to Wake. But yes, UNC and UCONN here, UNC needs to once again pick it up...*sigh*.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I was at the UMD-Dook game (I'm a student), and it was the most amazing two and a half hours of my life. Comcast Center was INSANE. I was on the court after the game, right near John Gilchrist, who was so drained emotionally that he was crying. I touched his arm as he was shepherded off the court through the see of gleeful students. Simply incredible, just an experience I will never, ever forget.
I guess all that time Dook has been saying we're not their rivals, they've actually been right. We're not rivals, they're just our bitches.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I get to go see (in person) if GT can continue NC State's downward spiral in the ACC tonight, and with BJ Elders in the lineup, GT just fires on more cylinders, and allows players to play to their strengths and not try to do more than they are capable of doing comfortably (like Ismail Mohammed, who was playing like a man on fire but with only one good leg and arm).

Alex-C

Screenwriter

Caught Pacific's trampling of a weakened UCSB Gaucho team on Wednesday. I dont follow NCAA hoops that much but boy they look pretty good...and a big team too.

Anyway...I am looking forward to tonight's matchup with UTEP.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Been a rough week for the top teams..

Duke is having a rough time and now Kansas has lost 2 this week including a loss at home to ISU today.

The NCAA tournament is going to be interesting.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Definitely, of course to me it always is. I'm not to concerned about Duke, coach K lives for the tournament and other coaches seem to have trouble when March starts...not that I'm going to pick Duke to win it all or anything but they should still be a force. I wonder who will be the top sead in the west?

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Sadly, Duke always seems to pull it out when it really matters... The way Kansas is playing, they'll just have one more win in the regular season (K-State), and they may be lucky to get that. All their opponents have to do is play a full-court press and a zone defense, and Kansas will play like they are terrified and confused.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
KU has now lost 3 straight big 12 games. I'm not sure how long its been since that has happened before..

Ou needed the win as they were on the ropes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks