What's new

NCAA 2005 March Madness Pick'em League/Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Well I'm off to a bad start but at least I didn't have any of my wrong picks slated to go to the Sweet Sixteen so I'm still hanging in there.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
OSU gets a game from SW Louisana but wins
Charlotte loses to #10 NC State in a minor upset.
Right now Florida is barely ahead of Ohio U with 25 seconds left. Potential upset here.
Iowa State takes down Minnesoooooooooota.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If Florida can win, I'm good for all 4 games so far. I couldn't believe Ohio erased a 20 point deficit against Florida...

Whew! Florida survives.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Caught a bit of the UConn game, and the UNC game. UNC was pressing Oakland hard and it was paying off in turnovers.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ouch, Syracuse (4-seed) goes down in OT to Vermont (13-seed), and probably busted quite a few people's brackets!

Whew, I had the Orangemen going out against Duke, so their loss tonight doesn't hurt me as much in the big picture.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I am currently on suicide watch after the Cuse/VT game. I just keep chanting to myself "2003, 2003, 2003"....but no matter what happens, I'm still missing all the nails on my fingers, I feel like yakking up my pizza, and I suddenly feel like watching movies instead of basketball. That's why I'm here tonight and not my syracuse forum ;)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor

What's unfortunate from a Syracuse perspective is that throughout his career, he has always been money in big games and at the end of games. He's hit so many clutch shots at the end of a game (even if he had an off night the rest of the night)...and he had two chances to win the game tonight at the end and blew it. Everyone is entitled to a bad day, but WOW what a time to blow it.

The entire mojo in that building was going to VT tonight...the crowd, the 30 foot prayer at the end of the shotclock at the end of OT... I hate being on the receiving end of this one, but I guess that's what makes college basketball so cool.

(My final petty pissed of rant alert) That technical call against Roberts for "hanging on the rim" was ridiculous. Cuse sure could have used those two points at the end of the game. Granted, SU should have overcome 100 bad calls, but that one hurt and really swung the momentum. Unless a guy dunks, runs to center court, pulls down his pants, and takes a dump on the "Wooster" symbol, you do not call a "T" there. (/Petty Pissed off rant).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sheesh, looks like we might get another 5-12 upset game with the ODU-Mich. St game. Kansas is getting all it wants against Bucknell of all team.

GW was spanking Schenscher early in the GT game because he was getting beat down the court for easy layups. Not quite how the 2nd half will go, but BJ Elders is still shooting poorly percentage-wise, and Ish might have to shut it down again because he was limping after a drive to the hoop.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, there goes my friggin bracket, I had Kansas against Illinois in the final game. I'm so screwed now.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I had Kansas going out in the second round in this bracket; fortunately, in the one I'm laying money I had them getting beat this game, so I can't complain.

They came into the tournament hurting; Langford was playing at about 50% with injuries, and they didn't have enough players who could pass.. but for the HTF brackets, I'm totally screwed :frowning:

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
The Vermont game was fantastic to watch. Nobody was afraid to shoot and didn't bother running clock. You had both teams scoring up to the very end. The "T" was lame in the VT/Syr game, but I did just see Bucknell overcome an intentional foul in the last minute so that's not such a good excuse tonight.

Not surprised to see Kansas go out at all. I said before in the other thread I didn't understand how BC got a 4 and Kansas got a 3 after losing almost the entire month of March on national game after national game. Kansas along with the non-Illini Big Ten teams were major question marks in my mind. Wis and Michigan state were lucky to survive against inferior schools.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Geez, I went 24/32, which is sort of pathetic, but I can't imagine many went any better than 30/32 considering the 2 upsets tonight.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
25/32, not much better.. but the exit of Syracuse hoses me.. I had them through to the final four.. but at least the early exit of Kansas doesn't kill me, I had them losing next round to Wisconsin, who hopefully can at least win that game..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks