What's new

NBC's Surface is all but cancelled -- sign the Petition to SaveSurface! (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Amen...if nobody is watching now..then there isn't a prayer in hell it's gonna get enough "votes" to save it.

Let it die my froend..let it die.

RickGr

Second Unit
Have any of these petitions to save shows ever worked? (Besides the original Star Trek, which in pre-internet days was an amazing feat)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Before I sign that petition, I need to know what rights I would be claiming are being violated. I have a right not to watch network TV shows with the annoying logo and advertising, but I didn't know the networks didn't have every legal right to include the logo and annoying ads.

Chris

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
If Surface hasn't found an audience, why would NBC want to renew it? I have a season pass set up on my TiVo and have watched the UniversalHD airing of the first 6 or 7 episodes. Too little is going on to be of interest to a large audience. I don't think the series works for science fiction or non-science fiction fans. This series belongs on the Sci-Fi Channel, the miniscule market that might be interested can watch it there. NBC needs programming for a much larger audience. I applaud NBC for trying something like this and wish it had been a whole lot better.

Chris

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
Well, I guess I put this notice here for those who actually liked the show. I admit that there is almost no chance that NBC will re-sign Surface, although there remains a slim chance. It is my hope that if enough interest is shown, the Sci-Fi Channel will pick it up. If this happens, the writers will be free to get rid of some of the more "hokey" story elements and fit the series firmly in the science fiction genre.

I remember reading a short story when I was a kid in one of those Alfred Hitchcock presents . . . compilations; it was about some "mad scientist" who repaired the heart valves on some alligators. The gators then grew to gigantic size, sprouted wings and took over the earth. Kid stuff maybe, but Surface reminded me of the story and I enjoyed it.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Cagney and Lacey.

The key things is that an internet petition is never going to work. If you really want a protest to be heard you have to take the effort to put a stamp on the message and send it through the mail.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Wow, that means shows have to be even crappier than "Surface" to be saved by a petition. A petition would have no chance in this case.

Chris

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And both of those were pre-internet, when creating a petition or letter-writing campaign took effort and each signature was at least committing as much as the price of a stamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks