What's new

NBC to broadcast portions of the Winter Olympics in HD (1 Viewer)

Mike I

Supporting Actor
In conjunction with HD Net NBC will broadcast portions of the Winter Olympics in HD including the opening and closing ceremonies as well as a number of atheletic events...For full story you can subcribe to HDTV magazine..

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Glad to see NBC producing more HD content. Any chance of Dishnetwork passing the signal through like they do with CBS? Through no fault of their own, NBC's number one ratings market doesn't have a digital antenna.

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
It is time for you guys that are still complaining about lack of programming to get on board. There is plenty of HDTV programming now.
Kevin C :)

Jim Benard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
It's too bad that our local NBC (WESH) is too cheap to buy an HDTV IRD. They've been 4x3 480p for a while now with no plans to go HD because they tell us they are waiting for NBC to approve the type of receiver to use. They can't just buy any old receiver if it's not on the 'approved' list. The running joke is for our HDTV owners to pitch in and buy their dang receiver for $700-$1K since they can't afford to.

Any updates on this Mike?

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Jim

I email Wesh back in Oct, when NBC started broadcasting Crossing Jordon in HD ...Got a quick response that the equipment to recieve the HD feed from NBC would be installed the beginning of January..I have not heard anything since...Wesh is currently everything to 1080i...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks