What's new

NBC re-shuffles schedule - Joey pulled, Earl and Office to Thursday (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Alias is moving to the post-Lost spot on Wed., at least for the next two weeks.

Well, this is good and bad for me. Good, because I'm never home on Tuesdays, but bad because it goes against CSI, which is still quite enjoyable.

I assume the Earl/Office combo will be at 9? It was a bit confusing from the original post, who said 9 and 10, but these are 1/2 hour shows.

Jason

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
unless the first post has been edited
it says 9 TO 10, not 9 and 10.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I agree. It'd be nearly impossible to recreate what Friends had accomplished with only one character out of the six. While there are a few *groan* moments, there are more often really funny parts, and I really like Andrea Anders. :)

I'll watch Joey whenever it is, and I'll just not watch TV on Thursday at 7pm (Central).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I had remembered that "Dancing with the Stars" was taking Alias's Thursday night spot, so I have to wonder if it'll be back in the Thursday spot after "Dancing with the Stars" is done with their mini-season.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
What is so special about Thursday that NBC is constantly trying to retake it? I would think people are just as likely to watch TV on a Tuesday night as they are to watch a Thursday night one.:confused:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Jason - Yes I realize that NBC may be attempting to do to CBS, what CBS earlier accomplished with Survivor and C.S.I. I just believe that C.S.I. is still one of the strongest shows in primetime and feel like it is the kiss of death for these two shows in that time slot. Admittedly this is counter-programming based upon the genres and may work for NBC, but I suspect it will not.

Malcolm - I don't think you take one of your more highly rated shows and place it against a juggernaut like C.S.I. and risk losing the audience you've built up. For me, it makes more sense to cut your losses with a show that has a smaller audience.

I'll watch all three shows, but I fear that Earl and The Office are going to take a beating in the ratings.

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

The good thing is that NBC will know that it's the time slot and not the show. So if the ratings take a prolonged drop, they'll probably move it to a better slot and not think that they should cancel it.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
No more Joey? There might be a god afterall. Wow, I just might actually tune into NBC on Thursdays for the first time in 7 years to watch The Office.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm already busy in RL on Thursdays and I already tape "Smallville" and "Everwood" so MNIE might just have to get the axe. "The Office" is a miserable bastard of a show, so I could care less. I was hoping for a MNIE/"Scrubs" pair-up, but I'll take a "Scrubs" double header without complaint.

Kenshiro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken
Good thing "Joey" was finally pulled, can't believe it's lasted this long.

The disturbing thing from NBC's annoucement is that "ER" is still around at the 10 p.m. Thursday night slot. That show has been dead in the water for 7 years.

Is any of the original cast still on it? I stopped watching years ago.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Thursday nights are very desirable for many advertisers, especially movie studios, because it's the last chance to get your message to a wide audience before the weekend playtime begins (and movies open, and sales start, etc.). Those networks/shows with the highest ratings can demand top dollar for very desirable advertising time.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Like Law&Order, none of the original main cast is left. Sherry Stringfield just left again; Noah Wyle is supposed to do a few more here and there, probably as "Special Guest Star" (which the NBC promo weasels will hype to death)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks