What's new

NBC is remaking Carrie and Lost In Space (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
All I gotta say is: PLUG IT UP!!!! It appears the lack of originality in the feature film side of Hollywood has hit the TV side as well! :thumbsdown:

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
WTF??? Carrie a regular TV series??!! Are they f***ing kidding!!!???

I can't wait to see the Christmas episode.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Carrie - a terrible idea.

Lost in Space - kinda interesting, but the very lame movie of a few years ago has left a bad taste in my mouth. Still... could work.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there already a Carrie remake? Oh yes, it was called The Rage: Carrie 2. It's just MGM trying to milk a franchise when they've only had success off the first film and nothing else.
Lost In Space, dear god... if it's anything like the movie, I don't think I'll be watching.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget the "Carrie" musical... Did that even open?

As for "Lost In Space" - well, the movie was a couple drafts away from being good (which seems par for the course with the screenwriter), and I remember New Line talking about it as a "Star Trek"-level franchise before release - that they were planning an animated series, a live action series, video games, comics, actual decent action figures, books, etc. Obviously, this never came to pass, but it'll be interesting to see how much connection to the almost-good-enough movie the series has.

Which, of course, begs the question of "just how many itinerant starship series can the market support, anyway?" If NBC plans this for fall 02/early 03, it'll be competing against "Farscape", "Enterprise", "Andromeda", Fox's "Firefly", and maybe "Lexx" and "Battlestar Galactica" (if that's not well and truly dead). You've gotta think the market for that will be saturated at some point.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jason--"almost-good-enough" film? That thing? It made the mid-'60s CBS-TV series look good. JB

Oh, another thing: first it was Hollywood mining the television vaults to make feature films, and now they are plundering those feature films to serve as springboards for new television series. This is a mobius loop of noncreativity. Amazing.

Ron Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
Lost in Space - The screenplay was not that great, but I thought the production design and special effects were impressive. I've been hoping that some of the stylistic SF elements in that movie would show up in other films. I wonder if the movie team will be handling the tv show production?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
How the **** do you make a series out of Carrie?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Who wants to bet that Carrie will be played by a really hot girl. They'll handle her awkwardness with "Hollywood Awkwardness," where they take a hottie, and make her up to be slightly less flattering than usual, but still staggeringly beautiful. Just look at any recent movie where an "awkward teen comes out of her shell" and you'll see what I mean.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
$10 says Lost IN Space either a- never makes air or b- never makes it past the first season. They'd be better off continuing Earth 2 in a decent time slot

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks