What's new

NBC in talks to buy Vudu (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Vudu is the better known name and is supported on more devices; I would guess that that’s where the value would be for any company buying it, to have the superior infrastructure and wider customer outreach.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Which is why I think FandangoNow might fold into Vudu.

Certainly possible, but that doesn't seem to be the word...

Variety:

"Meanwhile, the digital movie rentals and purchases business would be tied into Fandango."

Hollywood Reporter:

"Vudu will help to bolster Peacock's free, ad-supported tier. Meanwhile, its digital marketplace could serve as a companion offering, one that would tie in with the NBCU-owned movie ticketer and rental service Fandango."

I have a feeling the movie store/movie ticket service will be run as one service called Fandango.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Certainly possible, but that doesn't seem to be the word...

Variety:

"Meanwhile, the digital movie rentals and purchases business would be tied into Fandango."

Hollywood Reporter:

"Vudu will help to bolster Peacock's free, ad-supported tier. Meanwhile, its digital marketplace could serve as a companion offering, one that would tie in with the NBCU-owned movie ticketer and rental service Fandango."

I have a feeling the movie store/movie ticket service will be run as one service called Fandango.
Then they better get Fandango into a place in which it's accepted by more platforms/devices then.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think what we're looking at is the current Vudu app just being re-named Fandango and the FandangoNow now app being shut down. Easy peasy.
Well that's what I was talking about in the first place. I wasn't talking about the name perse, but the Vudu application.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I like the VUDU disc plus digital option which provides digital copy prior to disc release date and disc on or slightly before release sate and shipped by INGRAM for walmart.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I like the VUDU disc plus digital option which provides digital copy prior to disc release date and disc on or slightly before release sate and shipped by INGRAM for walmart.
Yeah. I hope this perk remains.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks