What's new

NBC HD problems (1 Viewer)

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
I've tried to watch Frazier in HD but with a 1 second lag in audio from the video I just couldn't do it. I have Insight HD cable anyone know if this is a problem with the cable company or with NBC? I watch CBS HD programing and have no problems.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
I would assume this is a problem with your cable or local NBC. I watched Frasier in HD Tuesday and did not notice any lip sync problem

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I expect that this is not a NBC issue or even a general problem with your local station, but a one-off. I do see on an individual program a sync problem from time-to-time. Sometimes it last for an entire show and sometimes a technician corrects the problem in flight.

You might try checking out some other NBC HD shows such as one of the L&Os just to be sure.

I see no systemic problem with NBC HD lip-sync.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
For about a month now I've had a weird crackily audio problem with only NBC (ntsc cable). I had 3 cable techs come over but they didn't know how to fix it. I got digital cable installed and that didn't fix it either. I'm at my wits end trying to get decent audio from NBC.

:angry:

Hank_P

Second Unit
Ken, you are not alone. I've had HD NBC for months now and there has always been a problem with lip sync. I even emailed the local station and they admitted the problem and said it was the network feed they were receiving. I get the lip sync problem on both my digital HD station and my OTA feed (which kind of confirmed what the engineer told me)It makes me think this may be a midwest issue.

Hank

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Once in a while I stumble across synching problems, but it's not just on NBC. The one weird problem I've had with just NBC is that somebody forgets to throw the "widescreen" switch, or something. Sometimes the first 10 minutes or so of Law & Order is pillarboxed, and then they'll come back from the second commercial break, with the picture full 16x9. I've had the same thing happen with the Tonight Show on several occasions as well.

The other thing that drives me crazy with NBC HD (at least in my area), is that the HD feed is a full 2 seconds behind the standard feed. So if I've got the little TV on in the kitchen while cooking dinner, with the HD set on in the family room, there's this incredibly annoying delay which allows you to hear every line of dialogue twice.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
i've also noticed the 2 second delay...but it's not just on nbc it seems to be on all my HD channels[i get em through comcast btw]

Mike Slade

Second Unit
The delay is just the nature of the digital encoding/decoding isn't it? Much like the delay a tivo creates. I've noticed that my tivo and my HD reciever are almost on the same delay from my cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks