What's new

NBC HD on DIsh? (1 Viewer)

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
I just called Dish and had the CBSHD added to my line up. I had not heard that this was an option until reading a post here earlier this evening. Although I don't watch CBS that much, any addition is a welcome one! Does anyone have any information as to what may be the next addition to Dish HD programming? Any talk of NBCHD? Thanks.
Jerry
------------------

Les_D

Auditioning
NBC seems to be the hardest network to get a waiver from!
Ant they don't have much HD to offer.
Leno, NYPD Blue, and Maybe one movie a month.
I'd take it if it was offered though. HD is HD.

Paul W

Second Unit
Did NYPD Blue change networks? I thought it was on ABC.
confused.gif

------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

Bob Jackson

Stunt Coordinator
Someone said Crossing Jordan had an HDTV logo on it.
Wouldn't know here (Denver, CO) since there is not real HDTV available OTA.
[Edited last by Bob Jackson on October 30, 2001 at 11:31 PM]

Mike I

Supporting Actor
NYPD Blue is ABC...Dish is tring to work out an agreement with ABC to carry their HD programming which like CBS is just about their entire Prime Time Line up..
NBC only has the Leno show and Crossing Jordon in HD.
------------------

Les_D

Auditioning
Ouch.. Sorry 'bout that....
I never watch it and didn't think to check first...
MMMMMMMM....Crossing Jordanin HD......
My local NBC station is the ONLY digital broadcast available.... They have said SEVERAL times that they have NO INTENTION of EVER passing HD to the public. They are only broadcasting digital because they are FORCED to.
LES

Bill Hollifield

Auditioning
NBC sucks, Jay Leno in HD is a joke and additionally, who cares; now you can see more of the gook makeup that Leno uses. FOX is on NBC's heels, I have no idea how FOX could innovate news and sports so much and not broadcast the World Series in HD.
CBS was the reluctant trailblazer; if someone will pay them, they might do it. At least CBS is putting a better foot forward and has broadcast the sport finals in HDTV. The events were great, even better than great. I still drool over the Super Bowl. I have waited almost two years for the STB’s to be released. I enjoyed the Super Bowl and NCAA so much that I did not realize that the normal CBS audio feeds were not on the HDTV feeds. Big deal; the HDTV commentators covered the sport and did not try to dazzle you with their programmed entertainment BS that detracts rather than enhances ones experience. I often wonder if the normal broadcast commentators are really watching the game or reading a computer generated scrip based on a producer interpretation of generating market share. Yes, I am talking about Billy Packer, the want-a-be Howard what’s his name.
ABC has come on as gangbusters this year; they are at least producing more of their material in HD and not converting it. They have broadcast great material, even before this season. The Hallmark specials were simply dazzling, just like they were in the mid sixties before most people had ever seen or could afford color TV. Then, while there were a few color shows, the news feeds, local and network, were the predominant source color material. Even into the early seventies, there were BW network shows. My question is, how many network news HDTV feeds have you seen?
I may sound cynical, yet I really appreciate the technology. A full screen HDTV OTA broadcast is impressive; far superior to OAR progressive scan DVD’s with component inputs that so many people on this forum tout the merits of. I understand that they are purists; I respect and share their opinion. Yet, I suggest that if they were more supportive of the general technology that Joe 6-pack buys, we would all reach our mutual goals quicker, at a better price point and the technology would be there for us quicker. Watch the HD commercials, when the sponsors receive a ton of E-mail that bitches about seeing their high priced material with black bars on all four sides; you will see the broadcasters supporting HDTV. The sponsors don’t have a clue; they were sold on the best technology from a marketing perspective, I mean the ad houses and not the consumer. We need to point our respective complaints to the true financers of the technology. It not the FCC or the broadcasters; but us consumers who change channel during commercials!
I am frequently asked for equipment recommendations from personal and Web contacts. It really amazes me how much money people are willing to spend, and all they just want is reassurances or justifications for their quotes. I offer to support and refer them to informative Web sites for learning, owner feedback and pricing caparison. I try to make them informed stakeholders in our mutual goals.
We as a group can push the technology to the forefront by soliciting the mass-market input. Or, we can continue to entertain ourselves in the cesspool of sharing our beliefs in a mutually exclusive environment.
Well, I have pissed my family off by spending too much time flaming. You guys throw darts at me and I must go before I miss all of Enterprise which is mastered in HD and broadcast in you guess what.
WildBill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks