NBC HD football coverage is BAD

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Brian Osborne, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

OK, so I am watching last nights Hall of Fame game last night. I love football, I could watch it all day long, any day of the week. But last night I had to change the channel.
    Every time the camera would zoom at all, the focus took a few seconds to catch up. Did anyone else see the game and notice this? I couldn't stand it, I had to watch something else. It happened on every play for the entire first half of the game.
    I hope the folks at NBC get their stuff together and fix their cameras, or there is going to be one less person watching their coverage on Sunday night.
    Not a good way to start off the first football on NBC for eight years.

2. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I am hoping this is just do to lack of experience by the camera crew. I also noticed that they didn't show any replay of the play that brought out the stretcher. They did show a few seconds after the play when the guy was just lying there, but they never showed the play. Al least not that I saw.

Have they made a decision not to show plays in which people get hurt? That would really be a bad move.

3. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

If you are talking about the play in the fourth quarter then yes you dud miss the replay.

4. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I was hoping that was the case. I would hate to think they decided not to show it because it looked like he was hurt pretty bad.

5. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    I watched Arena Football on NBC for 4 years and their camera coverage was terrible. Since that was considered their practice run for the NFL, I don't expect it to improve. Their other sports really weren't nay better either.