What's new

NBC Decides It: Canada the Coolest! (1 Viewer)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Okay, first, thanks to NBC for saying Canada is the coolest at the games. Of course, on behalf of Roots Canada, we say, "Wow! Cool!" We see that our good friends to the South decided that this Olympics that their team would look cool too. You're welcome, of course!
Of course, we also understand here in Canada that many of you don't watch the very uncool Olympics coverage on NBC because CBC has, well, the coolest coverage. Besides, we KNOW where our Elvis is...:D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to watch coverage of more of the winter games, NBC does indeed suck
I still have no idea what curling is though :) All I see are 2 people (who I assume would normally be drunk when playing this game :) sweeping in front of a stone ;)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Much cooler than insulting all of Germany like the American coach Brooks. ;)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Can someone tell me the significance of the word Roots on the uniforms? Am I missing something obvious?

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Roots is the brand name,,like Nike or Champion. I like the trench coats that the Swedish or Fin's? i can't remember which, have.

---jay

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Matt Groening has known this for years - The Simpsons have been poking good-natured fun at us for several seasons.

South Park also pokes fun at Canada - Terrance and Phillip are Canadian, and so is Kyle's adopted brother, Ike. (Thanks, buddy, I don't know what all the fuss is aboot...)

I also remember originally watching The Muppet Movie in theaters. When Kermit and Fozzie were singing 'Movin' Right Along' in the Studebaker, and the line 'Send someone to fetch us, we're in Saskatchewan' was heard, people cheered like mad!

And forget Jim Carey - Colin Mochrie is probably Canada's hottest export these days thanks to the Americanized version of Whose Line Is It Anyway. Ryan Stiles has Canadian heritage but Mochrie is the best for making light of the fact that he's Canadian, and lots of references turn up on the show these days.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Roots is the brand name,,like Nike or Champion. I like the trench coats that the Swedish or Fin's? i can't remember which, have.
What really cracks me up about this is that the IOC made a goalie from one of the teams cover up a team logo on his mask with tape, yet they allow all the athletes to walk around with Nike swooshes.
I guess it's only okay to have a non-Olympic logo if there's enough money involved. :rolleyes

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I wish I were watching NBC at the time it happened. I would have liked to have actually seen it.
Oh well.
It's something I've known for a long time now though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks