NBA preseason is just around the corner!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_B, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I'm a real big basketball fan. But living where I do I don't get the chance to see much basketball except that which is on tnt or nbc. Last year I drove to Denver to watch my first basketball game. The nuggets were playing the Kings. Unfortunately the Kings lost.
    For those that are interested, the nba preseason starts this friday in my own backyard. [​IMG] I actually get to watch my team (toronto Raptors) play the Timberwolves. Man am I excited!! (big understatement) Vince Carter, Hakeem the dream Olajuwon, Antonio Davis, JYD, and Kevin Garnett should all be there!
    It's not a regular season game, but I am still looking forward to watching my team play. Thanks for letting me share my love for my favorite sport.
    Jon

2. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

Yeah, here in Wisconsin the Bucks talk is at a lull (Packer season is going on...) but I am trying to keep up with the Anthony Mason "talks." IMO, the teams to watch in the East will be the Bucks, Raptors, Sixers, and Magic. But the West should come down to the Lakers and Kings. I'm curious about the Blazers, though. I've been hearing good things about Shawn Kemp dropping weight. If he can return to his "reign man" days, Portland could be improved. Derek Anderson is in town, Sabonis is gone, replaced by Chris Dudley...and they still have Sheed, Davis, and Pippen. If chemistry works out, they may surprise a lot of people.
    We shal see in a month...
    Oh yeah, and the Wizards still won't make the playoffs.
    Jason

3. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

By the time the games are actually meaningful(late May), it's baseball season again! [​IMG]

4. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Love the NBA.
    Can't stand Michael Jordan.
    Go Grizzlies!!! (wherever they are)
    ------------------
    I AM CANADIAN!

5. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I guess I have to separate myself from you guys in saying that I can't understand why anyone would dislike the greatest basketball player ever. Also I really dislike baseball. I'd rather fall asleep to golf.
    Anyway... I hope that Ed Cota can prove himself with the New York knicks, and that Shawn Kemp is able to get his life back together.
    Jon

6. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

7. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Well the game is tonight(friday). I'm really excited. It's not often that a game like this comes to this lonely state. The only downside is that they are not allowing cameras in. Oh well, I'll still enjoy the game.
    Jon

8. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Today they are saying that cameras can be brought in. [​IMG] Also Kevin McHale is suppose to travel with the Timberwolves. Can't wait.
    Jon

9. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Just got back from the game. It was fun. Kevin Garnett played quite a bit for a preseason game. I was suprised just how well he can shoot from outside. My Raptors got spanked. But Vince Carter still stole the show with an alley oop dunk. Hakeem seemed a little apprehensive. Wally Szczerbiak left the game after the second quarter after he fell on his wrist or hand. He did not return to the game. Kevin McHale was indeed there. It was cool to see him. Loren Woods looked good in the few minutes that he played. Maybe a little weak on the defensive end, but not bad.
    This was a good thing for little ole montana.
    Jon

10. Michael Silla

Michael Silla Second Unit

Can't wait. Although my Jazz just keep on getting older, I'll be excited to see the up and comers, like Andre Kirilenko (sp?) and Deshawn Stevenson (minus legal troubles) mature. Stockton to Malone will probably exist for a least the next two seasons, although I expect us to be first round exits, at best.
    Too bad we couldn't repeat the '98-'99 season over again......sigh..... [​IMG]
    Michael.

11. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  12. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    God I hope the Spurs get it together this year [​IMG]
    Im looking forward to our new arena too [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG] "Charlie don't surf."